Export car prices from spore

Jusnel

just happened to find out this portal for car export from spore...

http://www.singaporemotors.net/about.php

can search for specifc car models and even can see chasiss nos....

you will find out how cheap cars really are when they are exported out of spore.....

2003 civic is only selling for $12k - $14k

2004 getz only selling for $6k-7k

furious.giffurious.giffurious.gif now we all know we all had been fooled into paying so much when we first buy our cars.....

how much is the profit margin for these export dealers? any 1 knows how to calculate?

↡ Advertisement

profit margin, i think it is based on how much they willing to pay u for the 'body' right?

for example, recently, been quote 10k for body value. Picnic going for 12-17k(from that website). so take it that my picnic is exported at 13k, profit on exporter will be 3k?

Edited by Carcraze

hmmm, wat u explain makes sense.... yeah maybe based from body value of yr car...

its so sad to see how worthless cars really are, when we got to pay so much out in the first place....

i remember 2003 car prices are not cheap! 2003 getz was selling like about $60,000!! and now, export only $6k!

so much diff within 3 years???

2003 coe was in the 30-20k region right? to think if it, our cars are actually not that expensive, but we are contributing a lot to other funds. firstly COE, then taxes, and don't forget- agents Mark Up (they also want to make profit). Haiz, sad to see the export prices thou. i guess we've got to live with it...

Edited by Carcraze

yeah lor.... tats wat i meant by kena fooled by some system we have here.....

how i wish i living in some other country and i will buy spore export cars to drive.... laugh.giflaugh.gif

yea, imagine we pay so much for it, but they pay the price of a 10yo or older car for a 3yo. lucky ppl. any idea where our rides get's exported too? i know my dad's G9 went to pakistan 2yrs ago.

Not necessary 3rd world, for example I know many of the conti brands goes to New Zealand.

Did you bros here not realised we are actually paying a huge deposit (and intrest free)knife.gif when we buy our cars, that's why we get our 'paper value' back when we sell our car. The actual balance value of car is the body value which range from $1-$30k depending on the make, age, etc.

The same reason (in addition to the high import tax of car) why cars here are so god damn expensive.furious.gif

Neutral Newbie

ehhh. not surprising what. our car cost is 70% taxes like ARF, COE, custom duty and GST. when cars are exported all these taxes 'disappear' from the cost of the car.

No kidding. go to LTA website to check it out.

just happened to find out this portal for car export from spore...

http://www.singaporemotors.net/about.php

can search for specifc car models and even can see chasiss nos....

you will find out how cheap cars really are when they are exported out of spore.....

2003 civic is only selling for $12k - $14k

2004 getz only selling for $6k-7k

furious.giffurious.giffurious.gif now we all know we all had been fooled into paying so much when we first buy our cars.....

how much is the profit margin for these export dealers? any 1 knows how to calculate?

Wah, the profit margin for these exporter is really high.

Thansk for the link, now I know how much I can ask for my trade in car. Of course, they will need to earn, what we can sell will definitely lower than the price listed there but not as low as zero value or most of time below 50% of the price quoted. [shakehead]

sxxt, a lot of dealers said that the car body of our current car worth nothing [furious]

But you also need to understand that thier high margin also covers the risk and interest cost of holding the cars for many months before they find a buyer or if no buyer then need to scrap/export.

yeah lor.... tats wat i meant by kena fooled by some system we have here.....

how i wish i living in some other country and i will buy spore export cars to drive.... laugh.giflaugh.gif

Let us breakdown the components of car pricing here in Singapore; starting with OMV, which is Open Market Value, i.e., the price of the car, plus CIF of shipping the car to our local shore.... typical for a Japanese 1.6 litre; of which information could be downloaded here; http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem...Cost_200608.pdf

Average OMV = 18924

Registration Fee (RF) = 140

Custom Duty (20% of OMV) = 3785

GST (5% OMV) = 1135

Additional Registration Fee (110% OMV) = 20816

Certificate of Entitlement (1st Tender 08/06) =12501

Road Tax (normally agent pay 1st 6 mths) = 474

(Fomula is $500 + 0.75 x (EC

Some dealers also quite smelly. Before car dereg for export, drive like personal ride, while trying to sell back to Singapore market.

Worse still, post ad for sale without any info on car mileage. [gossip] Whether car sell back to local or foreign market, the dealer make and benefit. [idea] Unless live overseas, I also don't mind buying Singapore export cars. hehehe.

Agree thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif, there is always 2 sides of a coin loh! Cheap car, bad traffic; High cars price, better traffic flow.

Better be in US, Australia, NZ,etc where land is in abundance, but not in city area. I recalled driving in NZ for 4hrs without seeing another car, only can see sheeps laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

I know they have their risk and operating cost, but then buying in our car for a few hindred dollar and sell it for a few thousand? [sweatdrop]

Or maybe, the car dealer that take in my car also earn quite a fair bit too?

↡ Advertisement