Export car prices from spore

Jusnel

I have similar experience with car tarders and even new car distributors, my take is that a lot people got stuck with their old cars beaucse they need to top up balance loan if they sell thier car.

Especially those with 10yrs loan and low downpayment, trying to sell thier car after 2-3yrs. I was told the breakeven point is about 6-7yrs, depending on downapyment, but not sure and I've not calculated as this is not my situation.

↡ Advertisement

so that they will try to offer u a deal that can just cover ur loan. if loan too high, they think of ways for you to overtrade, if loan low means u most probably will also take lower loan so less commission for them so they quote u higher price for ur new car or lower price for ur old car.

For me, when i buy car they ask me how much loan i have left or how much loan i getting, i will tell them dun worry about that. just give me the price. [laugh]

den i see car always wear shorts, slippers den they will just assume i take high loan. den when price agreed sign contract liao den ask me so how much loan u taking? den i will ans, huh loan? i nv say i taking loan leh...... LOL but everything sign liao so he can't back out on price. [laugh]

when I wanted to scrap my car (5 years old) last month, some agents wanted to charge 6% commission off the PARF value. This is absurb (ie if PARF + COE rebate is 30k they want $1.8k for commission??). Of course they offer the convenience of settling your bank loan first and paying you the balance in cash but I still think is too high. I thought I saw the same subject brought up in ST Forum.

In the end I found an agent to scrap the car for me and he just pay me the body value. I just have to settle the bank loan myself. No transfering of ownership, so the PARF rebate cert was sent to my place in time for the new car registration. I'm sure the agent after paying me the body value still made quite good money exporting the car. I don't lose 6%. Win-Win

that is of cuz if u r willing to go thru that trouble. think about it this way, if the dealer take in ur rebate at full face value den what will he earn? he may not be an exporter of cars.

thats y the case is, if u purchase a car from them and let them scrap ur car they will not charge that 6% becuz they will be earning from ur new car and ur loan commission.

this 6% is variable, depending on the demand for new cars. i heard in the 90s instead of discount, some dealers r willing to pay u even more for the paper. Why i duno? [laugh]

yeah u are quite right

dun tell agent everything abt the car yet...... just get the answers from them first and make them commit.

like i always say, never trust car dealers totally.

the prices in this website is NOT the body value that dealers offer to us.... these prices are what the export dealers are selling to overseas buyers....

dealer can offer $3k as body value to us, but he can sell $10k to an overseas buyer.

seriously i think the prices the website is trying to sell is way too high.

Got once i was with a Sri Lankan Customer which he came for holiday as well as buy 2 car body back to Sri Lanka. And he calculated taxes/duties on a Yr 03 Hyundai Accent. Just nice my friend just sold his accent too a Dealer at $3500 for car body, i brought my Sri Lankan Customer to this dealer, and Bought the Same Accent from the Dealer at $4200 only (excluding Shipping). The dealer just earned $700. Which i think is reasonable.

And i don't think dealers is able to make $5k on a car body. thats way too much.

my opinion [:)]

Huh??? Means what?

Tat means his father loan for only 2 yrs. In other words, his father bought him a car in almost full cash.

do u need to spell out so clearly that the car is bought by the father? not so nice lah...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

some people take instant noodle for dinner for months

some just drive to school

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Neutral Newbie

I apologize for reviving an old thread. I can't post a new topic on related issues since I just sign up membership.

I am moving overseas for work. Intended stay is a few years. I want to ship my car over to Indonesia. Should I be ship it over and I continue to pay the loan installment? That means I deregister COE but continue pay for car loan. Is it possible to make such arrangement?

Or is there any better alternatives?

Neutral Newbie

basically singaporemotors.net is operated by a third party fellow who makes $ by sourcing stock from local car exporters. thats y the selling prices r so high. his just waiting for a willing fish to eat the bait. Most of the cars in the portal does not belongs to him. Mayb the photos does!

Neutral Newbie

hi all

i would like to export car from singapore. where can i buy the export used car? please suggest me . any contact for that. website or ph no.

thanks

↡ Advertisement