2005 Accent come with ABS?

Egls

Neutral Newbie

Does 2005 Hyundai Accent (1.5M) come with ABS? thanks

Edited by Egls
↡ Advertisement

Actually on dry roads, ABS actually has a longer stopping distance when compared to non ABS in a straight line. ABS only really works well during wet weather by preventing skids and allowing to still be able to control the car while braking hard.

Only for those "deer illuminated by headlights" drivers who jam hard on the brakes and do nothing else. laugh.gif

Anyway, the ABS control unit it uses is the same from the Kalos model to the new Aveo. Damn hard to activate it. The computer seems very intelligent. The only time on the dry when I activated it was when I did a hard brake on a turn. Pretty good to let the wheels gain traction for the turn. After that, I didn't experience it anymore as I do LFB.

If only they pack it with all those 4 airbags like the US version. The SG version only has 1 airbag.

Don't have. The made in Korea car in this class with ABS is the Aveo. The main complaint about it is that it doesn't move off as fast as it stops with ABS. laugh.gif

Verna also has ABS. Its the name for accent 2006. Quite a good car! [sunny]

aiyo... ppl inquiring abt 2005 Accent rah.... not 2006 Verna....

Verna is Verna in Sillypore. Its called Accent elsewhere, for the existing model

Kinda strange as Accent was called Verna in Korea & now its called Accent domestically.... [hur][hur]