Changed main fan

Dudemobile

Just changed my main fan today (132k), however if you are certain you don't get stuck in heavy traffic standstill, you can just drive with AC fan instead. You also cannot drive without AC (the only fan working). However with the fan faulty for 3 weeks, no issue with overheating in SGP roads at all. thumbsup.gif

xinZhing also stocks this fan as it's quite a frequent wear and tear item.

↡ Advertisement

Due to bad experinces with my cars (toyota, Hyundai and Octy) and non-agent workshops, i've decided to stay with the agent. I checked with the stockist, the fan is ard S$100 difference for the OEM one from Italy. CA cost me S$475 for both fan and dipstick sleeve for Original VAG parts (labout incl). It's not a small amount for the difference in price, but the assurance is priceless.

I've done something similar with my previous ride and put OEM fan and next thing i knew, i was going back to workshop a few times to resolve the relay and blah blah blah. So in the end end up paying more than what the agent quoted, when the man hours are factored in.

My gear shifter linkage rods broke recently and my dad (i was overseas) managed to drive the car from woodlands to leng kee with just gear 3 and 4. Amazing cars.

I've had no issues with CA for servicing and repairs, so I'm happy with it. However I did voice to everyone there who i spoke with about the ridiculous pricing skoda has in singapore as compared to europe.

lucky u... I was quoted close to $1k just to get the damn fan replaced... [mad][mad] End up getting the fan replaced somewhere else... [laugh][laugh][:p] at a quarter of the price mentioned... [:p][thumbsup][thumbsup]