Suzuki APV

Coolpica

We've heard a lot about the different car models from Suzuki such as Swift, Liana, Jimny and Grand Vitara. However, not much is said about the APV besides it is made in Indonesia. Went to Champion Motors' showroom today to take a look at the APV, as I need to ferry about 6 people and it's the only MPV that has an engine capacity of 1.6. It's solidly put together, huge and is able to accomodate 8 people comfortably. Besides these information, any APV owners care to give some feedback about the car such as the fuel consumption, etc. Or is there any forum out there for me to get some feedback? Thanks. [flowerface]

↡ Advertisement

if don talk abt looks hor, i believe its quite underpower leh.

look at the specs

Max Power: 68kW (92bhp)/5,750rpm

Max Torque: 127Nm/4,500rpm

Engine: 1.6 SOHC MPI 16V AT

Curb Weight: 1,305kg

Seating Capacity: 8

the FC is oso another thing to consider

I did when for a test drive some time ago, it is really under power plus was confirmed by the SE the FC is around 8km/l ...

I would rather pay a bit more for Wish or go for the all new KIA Caren.

Are U buying the APV as well? At the current price of $56500, it really looks attractive. Do U have any feedbacks from APV owners?

1. The engine is directly underneath of the driver seat. I don't know what will happen to your buck after long distance driving. Amusingly spacious, it is a 8 adults MPV( should I say minibus), unlike your Wish, which is smaller in term of interior. APV is more like an excursion bus and the air-con is design like one too. Powerful aircon that blow from the top, no doubt.

2. Buy this car can forget about performance. The pick-up can fight with Kia Carnival. Surprisingly easy to drive and park, despite of its tall body. It is tall, so difficult for old folks to get up and down. Body roll quite scary when doing a tight turn at corner due to high CG. Going through humps and bumps are ok.

3. Suzuki should have paid more attention to the design. If they can have more sleek design, probably can attract more buyers who want 8 seats, tight budget and don't mind about performance. Afterall, people don't associate minibus with performance right?

4. Color choice also important. If you pick white, people will tell you look even more like excursion minibus. Buy black one, people link it with RIP. By white is more ok than black, IMHO.

Regards,

Can't agree more with your observations. I've my reservations about the engine directly underneath the driver's seat. My concern is like yours, wondering if the heat from the engine will travel to the seat. That's why I need the views of APV's owners. As for colour, I think Champagne Beige suits the APV the best.