I miss my Tody

Phalanx

Aiyo .... ST88 disqualified already. He got a sushi bar as weekend ride.

Yeah Tody is really my benchmark for other ride which I'm testing now .... hiazzz

↡ Advertisement

Yeah just had to post. I really miss the Toledo. On hindsight, I should have kept that car instead of getting this Astra H which in my opinion, is no big deal. At least the Tody's compressor was still strong and healthy when I sold it. Unlike my 1 year 3 months old car hah.

Miss the sweet handling of the Tody and the air-intake mod....and of course, the manual gear.

He..he..Me too bro.I'll second that about the Astra H. [rolleyes]

Yeah just had to post. I really miss the Toledo. On hindsight, I should have kept that car instead of getting this Astra H which in my opinion, is no big deal. At least the Tody's compressor was still strong and healthy when I sold it. Unlike my 1 year 3 months old car hah.

Miss the sweet handling of the Tody and the air-intake mod....and of course, the manual gear.

Can always try the new Octy with the 6 spd auto mah.Really smooth trans man.Drive slightly better than the Tody. [thumbsup]

Darn .... I sense that almost every ex-owner I knew had some form of regret or another after selling off the ride.

...and some ppl out there wonder why on earth I'm holding to my no-resale value ride [:p]

These cars got no value? Probably. But it has tonnes of character!

I missed my Ibiza too! [smallcry]

i missed my beezer too.... [smallcry][:(]

Yeah Tody is really my benchmark for other ride which I'm testing now .... hiazzz

Why are you testing another ride??? [sly]

Heh when the time comes, I will surely research even more and test all the various cars one by one. Test test test test test. Focus ST nice but 2.5L engine. Can someone tell me what's the road tax for 2.5 for half a year? WRX also 2.5 kekeke.

cos u want to beat me to win the "last man standing" award? i hear st88 also in the running.... dang ! [laugh]

ya, all the cars i test drive, i compare with the tody. Believe it or not, i haven't found one that of reasonable value which can beat the toad, every car seems to be a compromise....... do you guys find the same thing? [dizzy]

Well, I did sit in this A6 recently.... [rolleyes]

[wave]

Disqualified? st88? [shocked] Oh my....then that's one down, one more to go, eh, Fluffy? [:p][sly][laugh]

Why are you testing another ride??? sly.gif

Heh heh ... butt itchy ...... I thought we used to do that in the past ........

BTW, one of my friend is looking for a reaplcaement ride ... maybe the Octy II.

Yes,please ask him to get the Octy 2! Still brings back good memories of my previous ride when test driving the car. Seems to have improved a little. [thumbsup]

We should all hold a shrine for my beloved Tody! I still miss it and yes, compare every car with the tody, even my wife ask me, 'this feature toledo already have right?'

What do i sell away my Tody? still wondering....[hur]

Prices of the Octavia II are still at an insane level. Please do not be one of the first few to get this car.

Not to give discredit to the car, the Octavia II is much improved over its predecessor. However the local importer has priced it uncompetitively. Let the cars pick up more dust in the warehouse. Hopefully this will knock some sense in the team which decides the price tag of the Octavia II.

i missed my beezer too.... [smallcry][:(]

Got to admit such cars tug at the niche corner of your heartstrings! [kiss]

Regrets? Tonnes of it, but was made better cos Barcelona folded just months after I sold my Ibiza!

If only dealers (and would be dealers) can wake up and shake up and make up to the local motorists, such cars will always stay in hidden corners on our roads.

I was just wondering the other day that there might be more than just missing our ride. Maybe it's because we are missing the lifestyle that came with it? I.e. going for mega meet-ups, even having anniversary lunch and prize presentation, going to PG to track etc. Maybe we miss those 'younger' days [laugh]

Now people tied down one way or another hah!

Oh btw, got my compressor replaced and drier serviced. Had to clean out the entire system because bits of the compressor, yes metallic parts, were in the system. I recommend Ah Huat at Mark-Cool man. Experienced and friendly. Price also good.

All in all cost me $680 instead of distributor's price of $3100 / $2100 after their 'discount'. [hur]

Why I sell the Tody ah? [hur] [hur] [hur] [hur]

↡ Advertisement