Ignition booster

W4nt3d

Neutral Newbie

Any recommendation for budget ignition booster??

- MSD Ignition

- HKS twin spark

- D1 spec VSD II

etc...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

I'm using X-Power by SunAuto (samething I think)...cost around $650 from MB Performance at UBI...alot cheaper than HKS Twin spark .

With so much more spark kilovolt, do yr mech adjust the spark plug gap bigger - by how much as compare to the std recomemdation.

Any recommendation for budget ignition booster??

- MSD Ignition

- HKS twin spark

- D1 spec VSD II

etc...

I tried VPM from Sung Beng. Immediately felt the car is light, and full throttle. Each cost $220.

Y dun u guys try ben's spark VS it is also a spark optimiser. I tried it. It work real good man. Also got come in customise type. Mine is a customise version. It is really value for money. A lot of cars have tried his product already. If u wish to noe more can call him at 97820963. Call him meet up with him go for test run. Free trail. His theory is u try want to buy buy. dun want nvm one. He is the kind of no forcing guy. Very friendly. Below is my ride with his spark booster.

post-6-1160482981_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

I don't think it's the same..

Spark earth only stabilize the ignition system when coil fires...

Ignition booster suppose to boost up the voltage from 12V to 16v or more...

(correct me if wrong)..

Neutral Newbie

Bro [thumbsup]

KIA POWER [laugh]

I mean Cerato too [laugh]

My Sticker Decal coming Soon.

Will Call u up to collect n STICK on your Cerato A.S.S

Edited by Benboy78

Neutral Newbie
care to give a review on X-Power ?

I definately felt the difference in response, but unsure whether my FC improved or not as my driving is very eratic in terms of speed, foot down one minute and then cruising the next. Initially I was very impressed with the product but as all mods are, once you have them in for a week or two, you dont notice the difference anymore. It also helped with my engine start up...after I fitted a aftermarket exhaust I my car would take two or three cranks before it would start, after having xpower installed it engine started after one turn of the key....checkout the Sun-Auto website, theres a couple of dyno's showing bhp/torque increase after install, quite impressive in some cases....overall I was impressed. Alot of MB Performance customers have them installed mainly, EVO's.