Ignition booster

W4nt3d

yes indeed comfort shld be one the the 1st few to finish

otherwise a lorry will suffice.. [laugh]

will changing to a "performance distributor" help in FC?

it shld, in theory ya?

better spark, timing, better FC... if i recalled wat i read

the other nite [:p]

↡ Advertisement

in theory it should, but most people who use real performance products tend to have a heavy right foot.

In my case anything thats in better condition that my current dizzy and cable should give me better FC [laugh]

Wah lau... you know the kind of lag i'll get??? [laugh] prolly won't even hit boost till abt 3500rpm and then i'm left with 3000rpm on the 5E. besides the E series engines arent the best courtesy of the head design... no real point gettting something much better since i don't intend to track the sera (rigidity issues).

anyway i'm not doing anything major to her unless i break something first, and i've done the most important thing with summer coming up... getting the a/c system checked, serviced (including changing all the o rings) and retrofitted for r134a refrigerant.

The only reason i'm getting the scorcher dizzy is that its cheaper than the OEM toyota ones [laugh]. Same with the cables.

Neutral Newbie

My guesstimate is that you should expect peak at around 4500rpm. [laugh]

So I suppose your not taking over your friend's R32 GTR ?

My highschool friend recently had his R33 gtst stolen and is looking at a R32 GTR. [sweatdrop]

If availible funds permit i definately want to take over that GTR. I'll wait and see how things go. Finances got a lil tight abt 1.5mths back.

Tell you friend to get a fresh off the boat r32 from an import place.... or go the 1jz mark II (the chaser is starting to get a lil common) for the same price [sly].

Another thing, if he can afford a lil more than those 2 and looks hard enough, he should be able to get his hands on a stagea with GTR running gear [sly]

Neutral Newbie

That would take quite a while to find. Another highschool friend of mine driving a R33 gtst with RB30 advice against a R32 GTR mainly due to its age. No doubt about the performance but the engine reliability issues seem to be a problem. I'm not quite the nissan guy so I have no idea what he's on about. [laugh]

But if not the R32 GTR it'll be the S15. [sweatdrop]

rb30 with rb25 head or straight rb30???

Reliability isnt an issue with the rb26's though quite a fair bit of the rubber hoses would need a change if they havent been changed before.

If you're friend want to track thats when it will be heaps expensive with the r32... heaps of mountings, bushings etc will need to be changed for it to perform as well as it can...

The S15 is no doubt a fun car, but unless he wants to drift, i would say he should consider the ST205 celica gt4 instead. roughly around the same price but much better all around bar the interior looks.

edit: Something like these would be awesome...

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!c...rec=0&make_id=8

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/!c...rec=0&make_id=8

Edited by Elfenstar

Neutral Newbie

Well ... I'm doing my best but he's a Nissan Freak. Unlike me who can easily switch between rival makes. [laugh]

Its a full RB30 rebuild. The previous engine got blown to pieces by some d*ckhead who did his turbo upgrade. Engine bay caught fire but was contained. [laugh]

But we'll see how it goes. He's looking for a S15 test drive at 1 of the most expensive dealership without the intention of buying. [laugh]

How did he manage to get the RB30 in legally??? you're not supposed to be able to use an engine from an older model.... the only way was to use the RB30 block with rb25head.

Seriously the SR isn't all that its made out to be bar the SR20VET and SR16VE (Neo VVL). Tell him a nissan fan said that!

The GT4's Rallye's are well worth their money... aluminium bonnet, improved CT20B TC, and even plumbing from factory for an anti-lag system as well as plumbing and fittings for an intercooler water spray bar (though there was no button to use it [laugh]). Add in full time awd, torsen rear lsd, overengineered internals, etc... a much better but than any s15 is!!! Did i mention cheaper insurance if he gets the aust delievered ST205 vs aust delievered s15???

That car would prolly be able to munch an s15 easily around the circuit. 250bhp stock at the fly is nothing to sniff about (esp since the JDM S15 makes abt 30bhp less and the ADM s15 50bhp less).

well, if u are going to replace something old,

might as well replace it with something GOOD ya?

[laugh]

performance parts do means that one have to drive

like a performance ride mah [:p]

yup, no point being super cheapskate (i can get cheaper dizzies and cables) but the quality isn't there.

when i get a performance car then i'll drive performance style [laugh] Now i only go for cruises, long drives and take corners as quickly (and safely) as i can.

Edited by Elfenstar

ya lor... get something dirt cheap but can only last

a short period of time.

pay a bit more, get better quality and can use for a

long duration. engine feels more shiok too.

errrmmm Sera is like a performance ride. well at least

the way u go thru corners with screeching tyres

pple will think so!

[laugh]