• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
102 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 12 October 2006 - 12:14 PM

Whitepowder
  • Whitepowder
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Taxi Co want to save $, they use normal oil. Comfort changes oil for their cab once every month. The other two big one do the same. It can Comfort 4 million a year if they do two oil change a month.

Taxi driver don't own the cab, they rent it. Comfort give them 5 lit lube oil every month for topping up.

If the engine eat more oil, they must pay for it. I know some cabbies actually buy used oil from workshop for topping up.

Posted 14 October 2006 - 11:43 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

where to buy motul oil?

Posted 17 November 2006 - 06:33 PM

Ck2718
  • Ck2718
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Motul 300V (the new double ester formulation) retails for $30 per litre. I can get it at a lower price. However, my minimum order is a carton of 12 2-litre cans (of the same viscosity). Let me know.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 09:37 PM

Newcar
  • Premium member
    Newcar
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Just an infomation sharing.

Recently, knew that a big car workshop,somethng like Tan Li motor along Defu Lane provide both OWS and Motul engine oil for car service....
Of course, the motul package is almost 20 to 40% more than OWS in term of pricing..

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

$30 per litre for retail?

i know of a workshop that provides an all in one servicing package..

4l of Motul 300V
Original Oil Filter
Free Tyre Rotatoin
Free Tyre Balancing
Free Handbrake servicing and adjustment
Multipoint checks and etc

only $140..

for other oils like
Motul H-Tech 5w30,
Mobil 1 Gold 0w40, 5w50

all fully synthetic, its only $100 with the above servicing package.. also 4l of engine oil too with the stuff too...

http://forum.vogs.net/viewtopic.php?t=27271&start=0

Check out the link above, this is a highly recommended workshop in VOGS.. alot of brothers went there and all returned as satisfied customers!

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

in case, for people who dun want to register as a forumer in VOGS.. here is the details of the workshop i went for the motul engine oil...

---------------------------------------------
MOTUL:Probably the best engine lubricating oil
in the world.....

Address:
HUAT LEE BATTERIES & MOTOR SERVICE
blk 1063 Eunos ave 4 #01-203
(behind singapore post center)
HP: 98307738 (Look for Nigel, he is the owner and chief mechanic too)

this is where i serviced my ride recently...

Edited by Weixiang_06, 17 November 2006 - 10:07 PM.

Posted 17 November 2006 - 10:04 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

i just posted the details... smile.gif

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:35 PM

Upguy1
  • Upguy1
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

i been to this ws b4....

i asked him bout the engine oil packages and whether we can bring in own oil for servicing...he prefers using his own oil..
even advised me against using oil like caarluube and RP ..reason given was they are semi synthetic..so not good.... hur.gif hur.gif .

didnt go to the ws again since.. rolleyes.gif
================================================================================
=======
`03-1azfe-2.0-vvti-dohc
amaron/pivot/ngk iridium/simota/blitz/stebel/VPHB4/michelinPP2/16"/3075tint
================================================================================
=======

Posted 17 November 2006 - 11:41 PM

Tbgben09
  • Tbgben09
    Banned

If not how to make money if you use your own oil.... kinda ex the motul h-tech 100 is 85 for 1 bottle dun noe how much he make.... find him a leetle arrogant too

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:36 AM

Accordvtec
  • Premium member
    Accordvtec
    6th Gear
    Author Image

thx! thumbsup.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:26 AM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

mmz... well... but his workshop has

Mobil 1 Gold 0w40 and 5w50.. these are branded premium oils too.. where if you buy outside, will cost you a real bomb (that is to say if you buy from petrol kisoks) though we can get it from other sources at a cheaper price...

but caarluube is really a CMI oil according to the feedback and response of so many MCF forumers....

well.. for the workshop, its founded by his father.. i think... but then you must speak to the right mechanic.. the younger guy... called Nigel, its his son... he provides good service and quality worksmanship.. thumbsup.gif

$100 servicing, where to find...

Tyre rotation + balancing easily cost you $15 outside...
Original oil filter about $10..

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:30 AM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

well, did you speak to the right person? in the workshop sometimes, nigel is not around... there is his dad around, along with another person.. make sure u speak to nigel, call his handphone.. he is a nice person...

mmz... apparently if you dun take up his servicing package, obviously his oil would be expensive, or else you can't really expect him to earn nothing right?

$100 servicing.. where to find?? GST is absorbed too... mmz.. considering we have a markup of 7% gst next year.... if outside, $100 needs a topup of $7 gst knife.gif

do give Huat Lee a try.. call nigel directly... i have listed his workshop and his hp in pg 2...

i went there in oct and returned as satisfied customers.. In VOGS, the Huat Lee Motul Oil thread has grown to 26 pages.. with lots of brothers going for him.. dumping their previous oil like Mobil 1 Gold (his workshop also has them and its the same $100 servicing packge price), all returned very satisfied and happy...

including me thumbsup.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:31 AM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

no problem... thumbsup.gif

meanwhile you can register at VOGS, and click on the URL i have provided.. it will show u the thread which has grown to 26 pages.. lots of reviews and people went for it... all happy customers.. including me.. thumbsup.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:40 AM

Weng
  • Weng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

so can someone go and do a uoa for this h-tech? "reviews" doesn't mean much if it's just based on vibration, noise.............. dizzy.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:44 AM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

maybe we can ask Genie47 to do it?

but according to Genie47, Trex,

they mentioned Motul 300V double ester is really premium stuff..

the workshop i went, also have them

$140 servicing package...very good deal.. but my lousy car dun need it... only need the normal fully synthetic oil, Motul H-Tech 100..

apparently this new formulation is so new, you can't find it on motul asia pacific website.. but u can find them in motul japan website though...

according to many, motul is a very very good oil, at least for Motul 300V thumbsup.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 10:53 AM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

Motul is expensive because of their branding and advertising, banners at all prominant race series, sponsered world champion riders and drivers in the majority of racing series do not come cheap. There are other products that use high quality polyolester stuff that retails at less than Motul's dealer price!

you say like this, you win alreadie... coz Mobil 1 Gold and Shell Helix Ultra are even more knife.gif

laugh.gif

Motul 300V is grade 5 in the engine oil.. the highest and most refined form of fully synthetic oil made from double ester and etc... one grade higher than 100% synthetic engine oil.. laugh.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

Weng
  • Weng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

exactly... so new no reviews nothing you say it's good just because it's a motul? tongue.gif

Posted 18 November 2006 - 12:53 PM

Garunguni
  • Garunguni
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

FYI, Mobil 1 Gold & SHU are not ester-based.

Thwwx is comparing with oils that are ester-based.

Edited by Garunguni, 18 November 2006 - 12:54 PM.

Posted 18 November 2006 - 06:02 PM

Weixiang_06
  • Weixiang_06
    Banned

dun know... coz the engine responses better... but then ya... maybe someone can do a uoa... tongue.gif

Posted 20 November 2006 - 04:11 PM

Weng
  • Weng
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

first, gotta see engine response better is compared to what. if you say compared to mineral 50wt, or even synthetic 40wt, isn't that kinda "fei hua"? tongue.gif

anyway i suppose engine response better or worse doesn't have any relation to how well it protects?

Edited by Weng, 20 November 2006 - 04:12 PM.

Back to Maintenance & Repairs  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic
Dynamics Mechanic Pte Ltd

Quick Reply

Tags: Motul, Engine, TECH

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users