Mazda3 SP

Damnjian

if you want to buy car now, Mazda 3SP only $50.7k, good time to get one,

sporty look, all wheels disc brakes [thumbsup] , if you don't care slightly high FC [;)]

↡ Advertisement

Then I guess ur colleague need to gradually change driving habits if serious abt getting better FC.

Try to stick btw 80-90kmh on highways & need to gauge traffic flow well. Main thing is to leave 2-3 car lengths with car in front so that you can maximize use of engine braking when front car slows down.

In city driving, never rev beyond 2500rpm when pick up from standstill. I find revving to 2200rpm offers best balance btw FC & decent pick-up.

The above are my observations to optimize FC. Do give it a try.

My most recent tank returns 12.3 & current tank looks promising. [thumbsup]

12.3km is good... i just pumped my 2nd 1/2 tank yesterday to take advantage of the discount... 24+litres for 266 km... so is 10.9km/l... which dropped from my 1st half tank... if add both together will be ard 561 km with 50 litres so FC for first tank is 11.2km / litre...

i forgot if very near the m3 the car door is auto unlock or not...

but the current latio, when you're near, you can just open the door...

isn't this dangerous if u walk near the car and it unlock itself then u changed your mind walk back to office then forget to lock it or did not know the car already auto unlock..

bro, what's your city-to-highway ratio?

Another thing, do you start-stop engine many times a day? If so, try to do it while engine is still warm whenever possible.

E.g. I park car at 3pm. Then I start engine at 9pm. By then, engine is already cold, so it is as inefficient as cold-start in morning.

E.g. I park at 3pm & I start engine at 5pm. So this is more efficient.

So my point is, cold-start in morning is unavoidable, but avoid doing many cold-starts within a day whenever you can. [nod]

Edited by Redboy

Yup. Based on your altis FC figures, I believe it's quite close to M3.

My friend altis get 12+ on avg which is attainable by m3 as well.

So I wonder why everyone say m3 drinker but nobody say altis drinker? [:/]

When you cold-start, engine not warmed up & will take more effort to do so.

I also observed fuel needle on cold starts. It will drop btw 1/4 to 1/2 mark just moments after driving out. [sweatdrop]

So it's like if we dun warm-up before exercise, our body cannot tahan sudden change in intensity level of activity, so heart has to pump faster & harder.

If you warm-up, body already warm & heart dun need to work so hard.

Dunno if my analog works. [:p]

the thing you hold is an intelligent key. when in your pocket and you;re near your car, u just have to press a small knob to unlock, when you're out just press that small knob to lock. so if you're away but you didnt unlock, there is an engine immobilizer too. means only if your intelligent key is near the car then the engine can be started.

Hi Bro... many thanks for the advice so if i cold start do i let the engine run a while to heat up before moving off?

My highway - city ratio is ard 80% - 20% as my work place in lavender while my wife is near the PSA building at alexandra... so usually will either take PIE or ECP AYE then exit to drive a short distance.... and usually will cold start 2 times morning time going to work and evening / night time when knock off...

bro, no worries for your case as you have already minimized no of cold starts.

As for parking under sun for 5-7hrs, I think it's still cold start as optimal engine temp is much more than temp under hot sun.

I didn't try let engine heat up before moving, but I think it's like idling which is not good for FC. So what I do is, for 1st 5 mins after start engine, I keep revs less than 2000rpm or let car roll as much as possible. This way, I dun stress engine as it warms up gradually. [nod]

As for your highway-city ratio, it sounds good but do u encounter jams? If so, it can be worse than city driving. [sweatdrop]

Edited by Redboy

Yup. Based on your altis FC figures, I believe it's quite close to M3.

My friend altis get 12+ on avg which is attainable by m3 as well.

So I wonder why everyone say m3 drinker but nobody say altis drinker? [:/]

Don't why? Both of my M3 drivers feedback poor FC. (9 to 10+) So far, most of the altis drivers commented on good FC also. [:/] For me, I find that the Fc is so-so.

Who cares? As long as u like your ride. [thumbsup]

Hi Bro... many thanks for the advice so if i cold start do i let the engine run a while to heat up before moving off?

My highway - city ratio is ard 80% - 20% as my work place in lavender while my wife is near the PSA building at alexandra... so usually will either take PIE or ECP AYE then exit to drive a short distance.... and usually will cold start 2 times morning time going to work and evening / night time when knock off...

Mine is 70% city and lots of stops in between. [:/] Fc is definitely not impressive.

↡ Advertisement