Family monthly incoming $4k to $5k, what car is comfortable?

Quantum

I have a China friend just got class 3 Licence and his wife got class 3A licence too, he plan to buy a car, wanted me to recommend suitable Japan family Car, I propose Latio but he prefer Civic FD, IMO based on his monthly family incoming $4k+, and family members, it is quite tight to afford Civic FD [sweatdrop] , family member: my friend couple + 2 school age kids + Phili maid, and 5R HDB flat.

How your thinking [confused]

↡ Advertisement

To comfortably sit 5 pax, Latio is pretty comfortable with enough boot space for the weekend family shopping.

Civic is still within reach for him if he cuts down on other expenses, eg. less dining out, no year end holiday, no branded clothes etc.

Edited by Vit4wd

I think it's a bit tight [sweatdrop] but if he feels it's ok for him and he insist a FD, there' nothing much you can do either.

Maybe he got some savings which can help him to lower his monthly installments?

Go for the civic lor.. it's not really that ex compared to Latio.. moroever he alredy made a choice liao..

what for ask for opinion here.. it's just a waste of time if you ask me..

That few Ks is not going to bankrupt him [:/]

I have a China friend just got class 3 Licence and his wife got class 3A licence too, he plan to buy a car, wanted me to recommend suitable Japan family Car, I propose Latio but he prefer Civic FD, IMO based on his monthly family incoming $4k+, and family members, it is quite tight to afford Civic FD [sweatdrop] , family member: my friend couple + 2 school age kids + Phili maid, and 5R HDB flat.

$4-5k.... total family income is quite on the low side.... with the amount of committments they have... geez... they should just forget about owning a car....

not sure lah.. my sis who is getting married the end of this year... together with her hubby.. their combined income is $6-7k monthly... they have purchased a 5R HDB flat, intend to have a zhong tian lady to help clean up...

yet they only intend to buy a OPC car... in the range of [lipsrsealed]

some people just dun get it mah.. have to be blunt loh....

to afford FD the combined income should be like $7-8k... to live comfortably... rem the need to have savings??? [laugh] else later next time the education expenses come from where? drop from the sky? [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Weixiang_06

Neutral Newbie

if the hdb mortgage can be fully covered by CPF, then i think they can survive comfortably with 10 year loan [thumbsup]

of course, i won't recommend that course of action but everybody gotta live out their own lives.. if they think the Civic can give them satisfaction, who am i to say no right?

they just have to live and learn i guess

Neutral Newbie

1. If both were to drive, then it must be an auto.

2. Monthly $4k. But how's the stability of his job? What about his promotability?

3. 2 school going kids = Increasing expenses in the coming years.

4. Filipino maid = Higher monthly wage.

5. How's his and his spouse's lifestyles? Lavish, spendthrift?

I think getting a Civic category is going to tighten him a lot. Maybe something more affordable, like below the 40k category? Or even a second hand car would do! [;)]

Civic is o.k. for your China friend. Need not worry for him.

Don't use SG's mentality to judge China's lifestyle / spending pattern. You won't understand how they could survive and yet they will manage.

They will not buy property ( so rental around $1-1.5k, and food can be very minimal for them ). Thus assume car costs ard $1.5-2K for them, so o.k what.

yes, How to say, my friend is a vain person, he doesn't want to lose to his in China friends [sweatdrop]

======================

Get QQ got excuse. Can say he can buy Volvo but want to support China products. [laugh]

↡ Advertisement