• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
48 replies to this topic | 23 praises

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:20 AM

Jtmk
  • Jtmk
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

A friend of mine is currently looking at getting a Camry.
Would like to seek some comments. Thanks.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:23 AM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

of course JDM from PI thumbsup.gif
Altis and vios is a lesson lipsrsealed.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:24 AM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For me would be the JDM model from PI nod.gif

Looks much chioer thumbsup.gif

But gonna do your homework before comitting to a reliable PI wink.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

Sunray
  • Sunray
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Is the latest BM camry a thai made? Saw a few SGL with BM plate camry on the roads.

It has a better look than the PI camry. PI camry looks small from outside.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:46 AM

Mzrmazda3
  • Premium member
    Mzrmazda3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yup Bro nod.gif

The Camry which BM is carrying are the 'Sawadekup' ones wink.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:50 AM

Nine_eleven
  • Premium member
    Nine_eleven
    5th Gear
    Author Image

the thai made camry looks nicer...but the jdm should be of a better build quality... headache...buy Cefiro better...hehe

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:29 PM

Nkps
  • Premium member
    Nkps
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

put aside thai make or jap make. my vote goes to the BM camry, perhaps i m a more ah-pek type of person, i very much prefer the look of th BM camry than the PI's.

actually is very personal when come to styling and design.
~~~ modest wealth comes from frugality and great wealth is Heaven's will ~~~

Posted 09 October 2006 - 12:40 PM

Carlover76
  • Carlover76
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Definitely they have to make the Thai Camry more attractive or else many will go for JDM Camry mah.....Rather go for JDM Camry if I were you as Grille and accessories can be change later but there is no way to change the built quality.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

Shaneyap
  • Shaneyap
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Juz my point of view... smile.gif
BM camry - 2 airbags PI camry - 9 airbags shocked.gif
BM camry - thailand made PI camry - japan made
BM camry - OMV lower? PI camry - OMV higher?

As for me,i would think tat there will be a different in quality comparing
a japan made car n thai made car... rolleyes.gif
So i would like to leave the quality discussion part for all the bro here thumbsup.gif
Plz correct me if my information is wrong... blush.gif

Edited by Shaneyap, 09 October 2006 - 01:50 PM.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 01:56 PM

Veryfree
  • Veryfree
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Buy from BM is better, in case of another rounds of recall,
at least you dun have to cry. anyway, it is safer to check
the interior of both, what is bad may be covered. (i have
actually seem some lose parts in thai-made accord in the showroom).
Not bias to origin of cars, but raw materials are really getting
absurdly high, it is doubtful why car prices are lowered, so
i believe there is some compromising in materials somewhere in the
car).

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:01 PM

Jtmk
  • Jtmk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thanks Bro!!!
That's what I thought so too.
I've heard quite alot of nightmare about the Thaiyota WISH & that's the main reason whay BM didn't bring in the WISH coz they know they will definitely lost out to the PIs.
No sure about the Thaiyota Camry.....

Anyway quality aside, a have also heard that the service at BM is thumbsdown.gif and after service & maintainence is $$$$$ jawdrop.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:02 PM

Dreamzer
  • Dreamzer
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

Hi bro,i totally agreed with you thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
and bm's price is higher than pi's price
would all the bros here paying higher price
for a thai made car rather than a japan made car? dizzy.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 02:33 PM

Jtmk
  • Jtmk
    1st Gear
    Author Image

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buy from BM is better, in case of another rounds of recall,
at least you dun have to cry. anyway, it is safer to check
the interior of both, what is bad may be covered. (i have
actually seem some lose parts in thai-made accord in the showroom).
Not bias to origin of cars, but raw materials are really getting
absurdly high, it is doubtful why car prices are lowered, so
i believe there is some compromising in materials somewhere in the
car).
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think getting from BM will have higher chance of recall....heee.......
Anyway just get from a good reputable PI & it should be ok.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:07 PM

Quantum
  • Quantum
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

post pic of Tahi and JDM, price, spec..etc cool.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:33 PM

Carcraze
  • Carcraze
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Thanks Bro!!!
That's what I thought so too.
I've heard quite alot of nightmare about the Thaiyota WISH & that's the main reason whay BM didn't bring in the WISH coz they know they will definitely lost out to the PIs.
jawdrop.gif

bro, thats not the reason why BM is not bringing in the Wish la. it more abt the pricing. they feel they thai-made wish price is not competitive enough (almost similar to JDM WISH) and this is because the WISH is only assembled in thailand. Body panels, engine, other materials are still shipped in from Japan. This is only so for the wish. As for altis, vios and camry, only the engine is shipped in, other parts are all made in thailand.
M-GT

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:35 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

nope
not even the pricing
the principal does not allow them to

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:37 PM

Carcraze
  • Carcraze
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro,i totally agreed with you thumbsup.gif thumbsup.gif
and bm's price is higher than pi's price
would all the bros here paying higher price
for a thai made car rather than a japan made car? dizzy.gif

better equipped? sense of security with 3yr/100000km warranty (not all PI gives warranty, some do but it's only for a year). i guess some of us just feel safer getting a car from it's authorised agent/dealer after hearing all those horror stories abt PIs..
M-GT

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:40 PM

Carcraze
  • Carcraze
    5th Gear
    Author Image

oh ok. i was told abt the pricing issue by the sales manager himself.
M-GT

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:47 PM

Carmaniac
  • Carmaniac
    5th Gear
    Author Image

ya lor.. it seems like BM one is nicer cos its headlights are different from the PI ones. Last time I saw one silver PI one and its headlights had the orangey part(the signal light). makes it look damn cheap. But if it is black in colour like the BM one I think it will look better wink.gif

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:49 PM

Carcraze
  • Carcraze
    5th Gear
    Author Image

get the BM camry. seriously, i think it looks a lot better and bigger than the JDM version. also, i find the JDM grille and bonnet line fugly.
M-GT

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota Camry

Toyota Camry  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Ma-rilyn  |  Neutral Newbie

Overall Not A Suitable Car

I wanted to get a second car for the family and Camry which initially look good is not suitable after some examination. This mid-size sedan keeps the same look year after year and probably forever. It is very squarish and looks like a tank... » Read More

Toyota Camry

Toyota Camry  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Little_prince  |  2Fast2Furious

Everything you expect from a camry

Test drove this vs the Accord and Teana the camry outshines it's competition in almost every category. Spacewise, the cabin is large and airy and comfortable. Neck and neck with Teana. But definitely better than the Accord. Drive wis... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota Camry

Quick Reply

Tags: camry, toyota, jdm, thai

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users