NO ADVERT, can sell car meh?

Fluffy

it has been nearly 2 mths since Skoda has the new Octy II and the VRS, but i haven't seen a single advert in the papers (Especially on saturdays) at all.

In comparison, every saturday, you see a pretty big Chery QQ ad. Now we know the car is cheap $30k and the distributor is small, but almost everyone has heard of the QQ, whether positive or not, even the local press and magazines have reviewed the QQ. And every saturday they have a pretty big advert with catchy pictures and headings.

for skoda..... sigh.... nothing. how to sell the car?

so what if you have a reliable marque and a good cars like the octy II and the vRS, people won't know about it and the showroom will just be as empty on the weekends as on the weekdays.

of course, it doesn't help that the very few people who are interested in Skoda cars get put off by the prices and the lack of std equipment, etc.....

...sigh [shakehead] ....

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

i can't afford any conti car. so i dun even look if they have ads. maybe they also know of this. most ppl only able afford Tomyam or Kimchi or Sashimi

Neutral Newbie

HI! The way I see, I think they are very half-hearted about the marque... Maybe selling the Superb as taxis is good enough for them [hur]

Neutral Newbie

i think the owner didnt know that the GM is sleeping , and everybody also bo chap, thats why u see nothing at all [rolleyes]

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

Principle don't want to come out $$$ to joint marketing with local dealer?

Principle normally don't support marketing fund directly in term of money, it up to the dealer to calculate how much marketing budget they have to locate to market the product. That of course it included in the selling price.

Neutral Newbie

I am one of them, get put off by the price and the CA attitude. Not interested to market it and selling at a price to gain high profit. I don't expect good after sale service from this distributor.

Neutral Newbie

On the contrary, the sales team seems quite eager to serve. at least the sales attitude is much better than most major car distributers...Its only the mgt team that is questionable. infact, without adverts, the price of the car is cheaper as we consumers need not pay for the advertising costs. [sly]

Imagine if they whent out on a advertising blitz, probably the car price would have risen by at least 2-5k [:/]

Quite true. The SEs are very eager to sell. Guess partly its because their pay has the commission portion that pushes them to sell. Its just the level 'above' that seems to be the problem.

To be fair, they may be doing 'something' but its just not obvious at this point in time. What is it that they're doing is a mystery at this moment to you & me. Let's hope that they have concrete plans to bring up the marque. Anyway, from records, PK is shrewd business man. He won't throw money away by getting the disti for a marque & let it rot. Now that Renault is offloaded, he may be doing something for the marque.

Perhaps, letting the taxi do the advert ? Can sell volume & free advert some more. Where to find ? laugh.gif

Guest Julio369
Neutral Newbie

Like that lagi don't buy, wait ppl say I drive taxi leh! ..and please don't buy silver colour. That day somemore see black smoke from the exhaust of a new skoda taxi!

Merc suffer the same fate? now hardly see white or sliver colour merc.

Neutral Newbie

Skoda need to advertise one meh? People who buy Skoda already know what they buying ma so why bother? After all, they "...not mass market car brand, so dun need to use mass-market selling tactic one...". [rolleyes]

And some more got so many taxi's to advertise for them (although they dun haf Skoda badge on them.... [laugh] )

Not too sure about the black smoke thing. Have seen many on the roads and have taken 2 of it so far from west to east & Changi airport to west. Haven't seen any Superb cabs spewing black smoke yet !

But one thing for sure, much more comfortable than the Merc cabs.

Neutral Newbie

My sentiments exactly too [sly] lets see how far skoda can go... its in our best interest that they do not pull out... possible warranty issues

↡ Advertisement