Component speakers, no amp?

Bigtoothpick

Neutral Newbie

to me changing the stock speakers to a compo speakers would make a diff. the amp would only come in if he's into the advanced stages where his ears are very sensitive, if not a good set of compos will do the job

↡ Advertisement

If bro here can share and recommend some model that is friendly to HU, it would definitely be helpful.cheers

The OZ Audio Vector 3 component is HU friendly, I drive it with my HU & it sounded not bad [;)]

A few of the bros heard it in my car when I had that setup.

Neutral Newbie

after installing components, might wan to watch the tweeter levels....

last time when i did a similiar config (while saving up for amps and subs)... my high range is ultra loud.... which i didnt notice when i was playing it stationary...

prolly get some average components (mine is CDT) and move the stock ones to the rear.

then at the same time check how many RCAs you have for your HU ba.... i end up have to change HU also when I needed to throw in amp and sub. [dead]

so just changing stock speakers to component speakers with an amp is good enough? can continue use the stock HU?

Bros pls advise if there will be jump in sound quality? thank u very much

so just changing stock speakers to component speakers with an amp is good enough? can continue use the stock HU?

Bros pls advise if there will be jump in sound quality? thank u very much

sound quality will definitely improve. whether it's good enough or not, will depend on how u define good enough. ^_^

got improve will be good enough for me ..hopefully enough for my ears to tell a difference [:p]

me dowan to lose functionality of the stock HU, but was in a dilemma if i dun change HU i would be wasting $$$ changing to component speakers and using an amp

thanks for sharing ur knowledge, Genes

Hi All

m looking around for suitable speakers to replace stock ones n w/o installing amp. have installed active sub n found bass more than enuf for my daily listening (i don't blast my HU); stock good for high pitch but not bass n mayb some mids. went to some shops to listen to effects; found vocal thicker, clarity & more echo on higher pitch musical instrument like guitar n more bassy.

any difference between paper cone and natural fibre cone?

m considerin rainbow slx 265 (haven't listened) & hertz dsk 165 (listened & above feedback) & maestro (listened & above feedback; quite pricey at $399).

do give ur comments. TIA.

came across another one at xxxximaxx - was quoted 399 incl installn n one yr guarantee.

brand is HELIX, model 62C. sound is very LIVE compared to above 2 spkrs.

ur comments? TIA.

if u only want to spend 300 - 500 on ice in car, i suggest save your money the difference is not worth it. a decent budget is at least 2k

Hi All

m looking around for suitable speakers to replace stock ones n w/o installing amp. have installed active sub n found bass more than enuf for my daily listening (i don't blast my HU); stock good for high pitch but not bass n mayb some mids. went to some shops to listen to effects; found vocal thicker, clarity & more echo on higher pitch musical instrument like guitar n more bassy.

any difference between paper cone and natural fibre cone?

m considerin rainbow slx 265 (haven't listened) & hertz dsk 165 (listened & above feedback) & maestro (listened & above feedback; quite pricey at $399).

do give ur comments. TIA.

if u not going to spend on Amp, dont need to find those high-end/expensive component speaker.. u may have problem driving them...

just go and test out (with ur ear)... frankly, most component speaker will be better than ur stock.

hi guys

Know nuts about ICE.

I just want to change component speakers and keep the stock HU.

Im driving a 08 Mazda 3.

Saw this ad.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...p;product=15460

Is this worth it?

Or any recommendation ? just want better then stock sound quality.

Thank you!

They are definitely better than stock.

Go down to the audio shops and listen before buying/installing.

go to sgsoundsystem and have a have a look at their 2nd hand stuff. an entry level amp does not need to cost a bomb. they also have 2nd hand comp speaker for sale.

amp and comp speakers must go together. its like a penis must go together with 2 testicles. if no testicles to power the penis, the penis will not have enough power.

go to sgsoundsystem and have a have a look at their 2nd hand stuff. an entry level amp does not need to cost a bomb. they also have 2nd hand comp speaker for sale.

amp and comp speakers must go together. its like a penis must go together with 2 testicles. if no testicles to power the penis, the penis will not have enough power.

not quite agree..

i went to hear the gnd 0 & morel comp spkr w amp at dimxxxxxx audio - sound so muffled, esp w the alpine amp caused it to be really soft; like no amp! my stock speakers definitely clearer than these except no bass.

i went autoxxxxx entxxxxxxxx to hear helix b62c comp spkr w/o amp - sound so LIVE.

go hear for urself. low power comp spkr dont really need amp. really. i find it a misleading that ICE shops r offering amp & spkr package - at least the should couple w mid-hi end spkr if they do so...

i'm starting to believe we dont need to even have an amp & subwoofer - i find it overly loud n bassy. of cos, if u open ur car doors to blast music, dat another thing altogether.

• Praise 1

They are definitely better than stock.

Go down to the audio shops and listen before buying/installing.

not really, my stock speakers has more clarity compared to this.

btw, u know wat mitsubishi usin for stock spkr? mine's cpt.

my fren who sat in my ride also commented the clarity better than his bmw stock ones.

dat y i just installed active sub to boost bass & i still torn betw to chg spkr anot, as other than some mids not clear, i dont have much issues...

hi guys

Know nuts about ICE.

I just want to change component speakers and keep the stock HU.

Im driving a 08 Mazda 3.

Saw this ad.

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?autoco...p;product=15460

Is this worth it?

Or any recommendation ? just want better then stock sound quality.

Thank you!

me know nuts too. but after hearing at few audio shops, i find that there r diff sound quality.

so far have heard lanzar heritage, helix b62c, maestro (dunno model), hertz (ur linked model), morel (dunno model), focal (duno model), gnd zero (dunno model). price for "(dunno model)" incl install at 350 to 399 (except focal that i presume higher end, & gnd zero but w amp that i dont need, so didnt ask).

muffled ones is lanzar heritage - sound like singing from background / faraway.

best overall clarity n bass - helix b62c & morel (dunno wc model - suspect its maximo); oni former made in German n latter in PRC. morel one for certain music slightly clearer in mid-hi range; helix very clear in vocal. maestro sounded no diff fr these 2 also.

hertz dsk 165 - loudness is there but not so clear; not better than my stock.

focal (dunno model) - again, vocal no so good, sound more "tight"

gnd zero - cmi (but dunno due to no tuning / proper setup, but since installer said connected to amp, i no longer interested)

conclusion - bring ur own cd / thumbdrive & listen to a few tracks emphasizing all range of low, mid, hi (initial-d music soundtrack very good to test out - its got lows, mids n hi n even sudden low - hi n hi-low) listen to few tracks, switch over between spkr to hear diff unless at diff shops, rewind some parts of twisting betwe hi-low or lo-hi to see how spkr respond i necessary. note some stup in room n some in open. for info, the good spkr i hear was not setup in room. finally, go back ur car n hear to compare diff as soon as poss.

so u b the final judge.

2 cents worth.

Edited by Fuelsaver
↡ Advertisement