Rear tyre tread block wear-off unevenly

Alant

My mechanic noticed that my rear left and right tyre inner tread block closest to the car body is wearing off unevenly - higher, lower, higher, lower......

This first mech told me is due to the rear suspension problem and need to be change.

The second mech told me my Conti Contact EP tyre is not meant for Singapore weather and thus the uneven wear off.

My rear passenger did told me he feel bumpy sitting behind.

So, this problem is firstly due to the suspension or the tyre itself. Or is of other reasons.

Please advise me. [bigcry] Thank you.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Alant,

I had a similar problem too for my last ride (still miss her till today).

Here's my encounter of uneven wear:

Had uneven wear on my rear tires... Was told by my mech that my suspension got problem, in the end, I changed all 4 absorbers, and 4 tires..... a year later, realised that the uneven wear starts to appear on the 'new' set of tires... didn't know why.

One day, I was reading some articles on tire wear. Then I realised that due to fast pickup or fast braking, it will cause the uneven wear too.

The above is for referencing only.

Edited by Gadgeter

Its likely a suspension problem......but wear bad on the inner threads ?? If you are going to change your suspension, take a look at your camber as well (after chaning suspension is advisable to go for a wheel alightment check). You could be running positive camber.

Before you jump in and change suspension.....do you regularly check your tyre pressure ?? Wrong pressure can also cause uneven wear as well.

I suspect it should be the suspension problem too. [sly]

Shell Proserv is having the Monroe shock absorber package @ $388 which include 4pcs Monroe shock absorbers, installation, side-slip test and adjustment, 6 months warranty.

Is this a good bargain? [confused] Has anyone try this absorber before? Is it reliable? [confused]