Speaker sound getting softer

Secondhand

[wave][wave] Hi all... Just want to ask... My car speakers are getting softer and softer... I've always played radio and cd @ vol 21... But in recent mths, the sound coming from the speakers are getting softer... [:/]

Any idea why this is so? [hur][hur]

↡ Advertisement

cannot use number to gauge the level of "loudness" lah .. the difference might be due to the balance between his HU vol and the gain of his amps ..

[:|][:|][:|] I'm asking a serious question... [mad] lvl 8 totally cannot hear nuts coming from speakers. my highest volume is 35. and mind u 35 is super damn loud.

Anywayz, back to topic, when i first got the car, lvl 18 or 19 is fine. as time went by, it went up to 20 and now is at lvl 21.

The problem is at lvl 22+, the sound gets very loud and very irritating to hear... [dizzy][dizzy]

Cannot be the speakers is suffering from any form of degrades rite? Speakers don't degrade under 2yrs.... rite?

I was thinking abt that... but I don't wan to waste $$ to go shop just to troubleshoot something which might just be a loose wire somewhere... [sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

It wud b good if u got someone else who sits in your car regularly like GF or wife to confirm if the spealers r getting softer or your hearing getting worse. [sly]

How about other regular sounds like your home TV & Hi-Fi? Do they also seem to b getting softer or confirm they r the same?

[wave][wave] Hi all... Just want to ask... My car speakers are getting softer and softer... I've always played radio and cd @ vol 21... But in recent mths, the sound coming from the speakers are getting softer... [:/]

Any idea why this is so? [hur][hur]

I might be wrong but I think the reason is becoz stock speakers are made of paper hence its sounds quality deteriorates overtime.

home TV and hi-fi still same volume. no diff. i even have to lower down the tv when i watch it... but not the car stereo... [hur] So i thinking, maybe something wrong with the speaker...

[:|][:|][:|] I'm asking a serious question... [mad] lvl 8 totally cannot hear nuts coming from speakers. my highest volume is 35. and mind u 35 is super damn loud.

Anywayz, back to topic, when i first got the car, lvl 18 or 19 is fine. as time went by, it went up to 20 and now is at lvl 21.

The problem is at lvl 22+, the sound gets very loud and very irritating to hear... [dizzy][dizzy]

Cannot be the speakers is suffering from any form of degrades rite? Speakers don't degrade under 2yrs.... rite?

Ya u r rite. Speakers dont degrade, only hearing impair.

Just now I tried lvl 21, it's very loud and it just crazy for me to push the level higher.

First check your treble, bass or any settings that could have change the level of loudness. If ok, then change or check the cables and connections, the next cheapest option.

Edited by Dumb

Neutral Newbie

It look like the digital gain control IC in your amp. is faulty (volume control- for analogue type is using potential meter.)

speakers rarely spoil. Even if they are spoilt, they still produce some broken sound. If you can swap pair of speakers yourself to troubleshoot then it's the best. Since you said you don't want to go down to the shops just in case they knife you.

Sometimes money needs to be earn by others. If you don't want, then the only way is to DIY. No other choice. If DIY, you have to really Do It Yourself after listening from advise from other bros here.

1st of all, learn how to dismantle the internal cover for the door. After that, you can dismantle the speakers. For trial, you can buy cheapo china $18 car speakers. If you are richer, go for more expensive ones or maybe cheap sony speakers at $69 or so at mustafa I think.