Mini One Seven vs VW Golf 1.6 FSI vs Mercedes A170

Suede88

Neutral Newbie

Hi all!

Considering these 3 .. which one would u choose? [scholar]

Have not test drove any yet .. will do soon .. would love to hear comments from those with experience with these 3 beauties .. cheers! [drivingcar]

post-3-1161524175_thumb.jpg

post-3-1161524176_thumb.jpg

post-3-1161524177_thumb.jpg

Edited by Suede88
↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

No point getting the Golf FSI. The chassis is incredibly heavy and you'll very likely be seen as the guy who couldn't afford the Golf GTi. No offense but this is something you'll definitely have to live with. Case in point a guy who drives a Subaru TS with a friend asking whether it's a REX or a decorated Scooby trying to pass off as one. The Mercedez A class is a much better car than its predecessor. It's better put together, shares many interior panels with its bigger brothers and it doesn't try hard to prove a certain image or statement. You'll be getting a nippy little baby Merc that you'll be proud to tell your friends.

In short, you get the A class just because of the brand. The golf gets my vote. Test drive it and its not any "poor man's GTI". The A class looks ugly IMO and gives an impression that you really get it because you want to show people you can afford a mercedes.

I would choose the A-class. Its interior space is wonderful and the quality has improved over the first generation. The mini is rather cramped inside and the golf just doesn't have that image appeal.

In terms of look, i will prefer Mini first follow by Golf and lastly A170. In terms of practicality i will choose Golf as Mini is too small.

I won't give the A class a second look. Too unmanly in my humble opinion. The merc badge isn't worth it cos it won't be a real merc unless you at least get the C class.

Mini is cool but not practical. It is still a great ride with x factor look if you can live with the impracticality that comes with it.

Golf is good too. My choice out of the 3.

Neutral Newbie

Merc A class is definately out for me. Mini is cool but like what everyone else says, its not really practical...more of an iconic car. Well...that leaves the Golf. Best is that u go and test drive the cars. Cheers

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thanks to all who replied [thumbsup]

Seems like Golf 1.6 FSI is the way to go! [;)]

Am looking for a humble ride so no need to go for gti hehe

Edited by Suede88

Neutral Newbie

Why not consider merc B-class instead of A-class? [:p]

Much more roomy than the current A-class. I am driving one now in Australia.

Golf GTi would be good [thumbsup] as well, the DSG technology.

Test drived both merc B-class and GTi but in the end still get Merc B-class. [sly]

Because GTi got to wait for have 1/2 a year down here than can have the car. [hur] right 1/2 year.

↡ Advertisement