Redline oil

Gylgyl

I was on mineral oil before redline laugh.gif

Tot there will be a "wow" difference after changing to redline... shocked.gif

But doesn't seem that way so far.. wonder whether i got buy wrong oil boh dizzy.gif

Wow, got so Jia Lat huh? I also thought of trying out the Redline 5W30 for my 10K servicing cos now still using mineral oil?

So now don't know whether to change my decision to get Redline or other brands? shocked.gif

↡ Advertisement

Actually, 5W40 is pretty much crappy for most Japanese, Korean, Malaysian and maybe now China cars. tongue.gif

Only the German marques require it. Partly because it is cheaper than most OTC 0W30 in the market save for GC that you have.

Neutral Newbie

i still can remember how excited i was when i first changed from 5w40 to 5w20 [laugh][laugh]

even till now, i'm desperate to finish up all my 30wt oil, so that i can go back to 20wt [sly][laugh]

Wow, got so Jia Lat huh? I also thought of trying out the Redline 5W30 for my 10K servicing cos now still using mineral oil?

So now don't know whether to change my decision to get Redline or other brands?

Personally, I've read a lot of good comment about redline. In fact, it was ranked better than amsoil, cxxxxxe, mobil1 etc.. That's why I'm puzzled the car SEEMS draggy after I changed to redline.

You should go ahead to use redline. Certainly, I want to get ur feedback too [sly]

I have tried few other brand of oil but after using redline,I never turn back..sometimes i change every 5K if i have spare cashlaugh.gif

Mine is a Civic ES,using 10w30 redline..

sluggish?? I dun have this problem at all..got mine from Terence aka mx tradingthumbsup.gif

Guys,not surprised that the mech kapo the good oil and uses shell instead..I know this happened before,not too nice to mention which car workshopnod.gif

Edited by Maddriver

Neutral Newbie

i got 1 qtz in my store room for quite awhile. If you don't mind can sell to you dirt cheap as it is collecting dust in my store room [laugh]

if you don't mind at all.

Well, it's Mobil top of the range Synthetic and is suppose to have 50% more supersyn (anti-wear additives) than regular Mobil 1, i would think that it should be pretty good. [drivingcar]

im currently runnin the redline 10w40 in my evo that i bought from terence fr mxxxxxxxg and i mus say its realli a gd product. i have a oil temp guage and under drvin load in hot weather, my guage shows below 80degrees but i hav others tellin mi that theirs are abv 80degrees with a diff brand of engine oil. i could instantly feel the rev comin in faster than before. lets compare apple to apple. when i got my car, i had it services at cycle and carriage on my oil change. they gave mi shell helix ultra 15w50 grade. and upon some forum member recommand me redline products, i went to purchase the redline 15w50 grade from terence and after the change i could feel that the power deliver slightly faster than the shell engine oil. mileage is tad abit better too. if you would to refer to its redline web, the 10w40 engine oil has the protection grade same as a 20w50 thus giving you max. protection. been using the product for 3yrs nw and im a happy user. my next oil change will be 10w30 and will be monitoring the oil temp closely as turbo-charged temp shoots when u wack.