Using home woofer in car

V200

Neutral Newbie

hehe headshok has answered that.

u guys very interesting leh. home speakers still not enough, wanna run PC speakers liao. donno what's next ... can power 17in LCD screen from battery, and where to install the playstation console, on the steering wheel, or just below? cos if u do a turn, then the console inverted, how to fight? press wrong key kick become punch, punch become jump ... siao liao.

↡ Advertisement

most PC spkrs, some of them behind the woofer itself has a set of rca inputs. so u can just jack in the RCAs from the HU to there lor

if not and the PC spkrs only have "headphone jack" like that, there are some special RCA cables, where one end is a pair of RCA jacks, the other end can either be a female/male headphone jack.

so u just get the necessary cables can liao lor..

huh.. relaly ah.. i long time never take out my PC spkr look at wat it runs off.. hahaha..but thanks for the info

but then again, if he want to 'put' the PC spkr in the car, no point buyin a special adaptor to "plug" direct into the PC spkr power output direct, and then have to again find someway to plug into the car's 12V system.

easiest is just to one time get the dc-ac convertor and plug the adaptor that came with the spkr into it can liao.. haha

Neutral Newbie

Nope 850mA is tiny, the car battery wont have problems with it. You can get a 12V to 18V adaptor from sim lim tower. It plugs into your cigaretter lighter socket and the output voltage can be adjusted usually. It should cost around $40-$50.

Or just get the AC-DC inverted Headshok suggested :)

Actually I find it really interesting to use PC audio systems in cars..

Some of the bros here might remember my PC Klipsch speakers I mounted in front :)

Imagine, you can get a cheap brand portable DVD (like Shinco) player (with car adaptor and mounting) that has dolby 5.1 optical out, get a PC 5.1 speakers that accepts optical in... then you can have a cinematic experience for $1000

Some things to solve include getting a suitable power inverter or DC/DC converter

and mounting of the satellites.. i think perhaps the rear speakers can be mounted upside down on the back ceiling

Neutral Newbie
hmm, i have 2 front speakers, 2 tweeters, 2 rear speakers and 1 subwoofer for my car. my battery less than a year, gone case (even with a voltage stabliser.)[smash]

haa haa...I have stock speakers then, 3 months battery died! [laugh]

Neutral Newbie
interesting idea ...power aside, how are you gonna tap the signal from the HU? .. i don't mind trying it myself [sly]

Eh....are you who I think you are? [laugh] VIOS fan? [sly]

hehehe... sorry to borrow thread ar..

Was thinking of going down to simlim tower to the shop at the first floor near the entrance to buy the Lanzar vibes226 2ch amp. Was wondering is that shop safe? do they sell the real stuff? .. Paffendorf.. free or not.. want to go together look see look see or not around 2pm. They selling for 128 off the rack.

Eh..brudder...tonite I working leh.....pai seh..pai seh....

Ya lar things at the workshop look nice from the pricing but becareful hor...skali got Made in China one hor.....

Eh I thought that u wanna have PC speaker /sub in your car? chaneg your mind liao ah...? [:p]

Eh wait la bro...year end lai liao...got bonus liao...can upgrade liao....

If I got free time I can take you to JB and look look for more information, they have ranging from Hi-End to Low End stuffs..... [laugh][thumbsup]

hey all..

tink i clear some stuff.

most of u say that ur ice suck up all ur battery and stuff... i really don think its the ICE fault. i've been runnin a hungry system for some time and always playin my music loud.

here's my experience:

got car in 2004 aug, 2 weeks later, i went to fix a JBL sub with cheap "quart audio" amp, wack like siao, blew 2 subs.

jan 2005, got myself an orion 4004 with orion components with the JBL sub,everyday wack like siao.

aug 2005, got hold of my audioarts and RF T1 sub, wackin sub at 600 watts.

dec 2005, ran 2000 watts + daily on 2 subs and 2 amps for about a month.

jan 06- june06: runnin average 1500 watts daily on 1 sub and everyday, i was playin it VERY loud.

all this while, i was usin my stock batt from C&C, and i admit i'm a bad owner, i only like topped up my water once. oo yah.m batt died on me once in dec 2005 when i was DIY installin thru the nite.. heheh..

finally in end sep 2006, i just change to a YUSA battery(no $$ for EFX or optima) as i felt 2 yrs was long enough liao...

so if u guys runnin a system under 1000 watts, with a woofer that is like 200-300 watts rms, dont worry abt it killin ur battery (unless u blast it with the car not on).

cheers.

↡ Advertisement