Perodua Kenari Mini-MPV to be Launched in S'pore

Vit4wd

Perodua Kenari will be officially launched in Singapore this Sat & Sun - 16 & 17 Dec 2006.

There will be advertisements in the newspapers and annnouncements on radio.

First 100 customers are eligible to enter a lucky draw - 1st prize: S$8,888

*This news is even fresher than the press!

S$37,700 is only valid if you take loan and insurance from Perocom, the dealer.

Those who pay in cash have to top up an extra S$1500. ie. $39,200

But they are hungry for business. You can still bargain to pay only S$37,700 even if you pay in cash.

Is this car a better choice if compared to the following in terms of reliablity.

1) Hyundai Getz

2) Kelisa

3) Picanto

I have not seen any on Singapore roads yet by the way.

Neutral Newbie

still thinking ....

will probably buy my first car in next few months ...

the choices are ....

KElisa , kenari or suzuki every ...

most likely kelisa ......

I'd say forget about the rest in it's class and go for the malaysian Daihatsu. A friend of mine is driving a manual Kelisa for 5 years and no engine problems at all except for the usual wear and tear.

I'm driving an auto Kenari for >2 years now and no probs at all. U need a little punch form the 3cyl engine? Iridium plugs and you are ready to rock"n"roll.

Honestly, if you are complaining about rattles, ps look elsewhere for a higher capacity 4 cyl engine. P2 Kenari is actually Diahatsu Move.....flashback to the 90s' and you'll remember ;). Oh yes, Myvi rocks too but a little over priced.

I am driving a 2 years old Kenari Manual. Except for the quality of build, everything is good. And it's a fuel saver too. [laugh]

For someone who is not fussy about the quality and just wants a basic car that only sips petrol, this is a car to go for. ^_^

Neutral Newbie

A simple, economy car to drive, most expensive spart part is the engine mounting, cost around $800 (Ringgit). Vibrate abit compare with other 4 cylinder Engine car. Top speed can reach 160km/h, but drink a lot after 130km/h (thinks is gear ratio problem). dont try to cornering after 120 km/h due to the height of the car. Many Malaysia kenari transplant to the turbo engine.