Daihatsu Copen

Tzehou

Neutral Newbie

Hi, just booked a copen.

Just wondering whats the maximum size 15"tyre that can fit this car. Any owner of copen care to comment?

Orginal profile is 165/50/15 wondeing if i can change the rims and fit in new tyres 185/45/15 in without scrapping on full lock?

Anyway is it a good idea to upgrade the tiny tyres?

Neutral Newbie
Haaaa... thats a qns that also leaves my dad and mom scratching their heads too. Well... cos I think the Copen is cute?

Actually, think its more fuel efficent when driving the Copen bah since it is only 660cc.

Ermm... copen even smaller. MRS will be a better car to sell, somehow. Resale value should be good and its the last of its kind, until the rumored AE86 goes into production (if ever).

Fuel efficiency shouldn't be an issue. The MRS 1zz engine coupled with the light body... how much petrol can it guzzle. Not like its a 1.8 rotary twin turbo.

Just my honest 2 cents. The MRS is a lovely car. [inlove] If not happy, throw in a 2zz. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

I would too. Its a RWD, NA, light, fuel efficient and fast. MR-S = Most Reliable Sportster. [sly] It would gradually die out soon like the celicas and tegs in sg. What a pity. [:/]

Edited by Vesfreq

Neutral Newbie

Recently there was a joint car meet with Copen, MRS & MX5 just a few weeks ago. Around 20 of each turned up. Check copen club website for some pics...

Neutral Newbie

The MR-S is a good car. One of the best cars I've owned in my previous collection. Fun to drive and fuel efficency. I managed to get about 12 ~ 13km/l on average for my 6-speed manual. But the down side are the spare parts, security (due to soft top) and the high insurance.

Heee... most likely to book a Copen next week after my exams. Try and see how this little car can perform. The last time round I test drove the manual... wow [sweatdrop] Quite impressive I should say - well, at least it has got a much bigger boot in the rear to start off. Heee...

But now headache over the color. What do you guys think?

Yellow

Red

Silver

??? Headache [crazy]

thats what i thought but i read from

http://www.autozine.org/html/Daihatsu/Copen.html

"The 830kg Copen is therefore powered by the company's 660c.c. turbocharged 16-valve four-pot engine, driving either 5-speed manual or a Tiptronic-style 4-speed auto to the front wheels"

And i called up one of the PI, he told me its semi auto ( " got + - " ) kinda thing.

BlUr [sweatdrop]

Neutral Newbie

Opss... yeah. It has + - thing. So its a tiptronic style 4 speed auto. Yes, your're right. I've forgotten about the + - thing. Last test drove it was a yr back laioz.

I still think manual is nice for launching off and fuel efficency. More-over, its a turbo ride. Thus I believe manual would give you more controls and mods options [drivingcar]

so wen i'm in tiptronic mode mean might not be as strong as the "originally manual"..?

Wanted to get an manual initially as i feel that such a small car with auto trans might be too underpowered but most PI carry auto one so manual need to ident :X then i just found out it's tiptronic, was thinking .. wah nice can play manual, in jam can use auto :X [smallcry]

Edited by Whiteride

Neutral Newbie

Lai lai lai... come to NTU carpark. Heee.. my case is nothing. You should see the other cars here. Everyday come to school macham like visiting Singapore Motor Show [:p]

Once in a while you can also spot the yellow Lambo, a silver Bentley GT Coupe, a couple of Porsches and a yellow lotus elise [sweatdrop] Heard previous seniors drove Ferraris and NSX too. That one then POweerr man [sly]

Neutral Newbie

Yes, the auto is not as powerful as the manual. Well, that goes for most cars too, not just for the Copen. But if the tiptronic gear box break down or spoilt due to wear & tear, your wallet will start to tear big time as they are much more expensive to replace than normal auto gearboxes if I'm not wrong.

Yeah, the tiptronic would come in useful during traffic jams [nod]

i never see all lambo and bentley before leh~~~

only saw got Ferrari at hall 9, Exige at NBS carpark, a few porsche at covered carpark. and Skyline G35 [flowerface]

edit: i guess you're the one in the Nanyang Chronicle a few issues back? or was it a red mr-s...hmmm

Edited by Uplinkhack
↡ Advertisement