What happened to Ladas, why no one bring them in when chery and geely is here

Verve

Supersonic

I think I sat once in a Lada before back then, only remembered the door is very big and heavy, so difficult to open and close. Lol.

Supersonic

The joke back when Lada was sold in Singapore was :

A man went to an ICE shop and told the owner, I would like a radio for my Lada.

Owner:  ok, sounds like a fair trade.

• Praise 3

Owner: ok, sounds like a fair trade.

Similar joke for a Skoda (in the 80s / 90s)

Q: How to double the value of a Skoda?

A: Top up the fuel to full tank.

I'd take the 2107.

AAEAAQAAAAAAAAKVAAAAJGYxN2QzMzM3LWQ5ZWMt

Even without any change from 70s / 80s till 2012, a total of 20mil units were sold. A very respectable sales figure.
  • Praise 5

I guess not many here even heard about Lada. Lada is one of the 2 budget car brand (the other been Yugo) introduced to Singapore in the early 90s, and the best selling model was Samara (a car that can blow hot air onto your face - problematic aircon, make you stay longer in the car - 'cos the doors cannot be opened, and the best part, send the driver wondering why he/she need to get a class 3 license to drive it - 'cos the engine sound like a tractor / generator more than a car).

Well, fast forward to the 21st century, and Lada is still a budget car brand (now under the Renault-Nissan group), and the lineup has been modernized, sort of. But the greatest news here is:

Only Lada Xray show car stolen in Russia

lada-x-ray-enters-production-with-sanderlada-x-ray-enters-production-with-sander

Lada Xray was officially revealed in November last year and the first car of the series rolled off the assembly lines on December 15. Sales are already well underway, but, apparently, the manufacturer has only one show car to showcase during different events. Well, this one got stolen in Russia.

According to Russian media, police in the Samara region is investigating a theft that reportedly happened in the factory of AvtoVAZ in Togliatti. Russian site 63.ru says two suspects have been detained, both part of an organized crime group. Interestingly, it is believed one member of that group is part of the plant’s security team.

I wonder [rolleyes] why they chosen the model name as "X-Ray"   :a-fun:

Hope...... It's not meant for the new Lada owner [drivingcar] will be sending to [:/]  Hospital for x-ray examination for :beaten: broken rib cage or broken facial bones   :ouch-it-hurts:   

• Praise 1

(edited)

Owner:  ok, sounds like a fair trade.

One of my ex-army mate bought a brand new Lada and :a-whiteflag: sold it off in 1 month ownership, he complaint [furious]  to me that it feels like AMX13 Tank, our SAF 41SAR Regiment M113 drives better and safer :a-fun:  than his new car  [drivingcar]

Edited by 2BDriver

Supersonic

Walau....10 yr old thread.

Was wondering WTF would anyone still be hard up for a Lada in 2016. LOL!

• Praise 2

I wonder [rolleyes] why they chosen the model name as "X-Ray"  

Hope...... It's not meant for the new Lada owner [drivingcar] will be sending to [:/]  Hospital for x-ray examination for :beaten: broken rib cage or broken facial bones   :ouch-it-hurts:   

X-Ray has a better meaning lar (but I like yours more :grin: )

X-over (crossover)

Recreation

Active

Youth

• Praise 4

Walau....10 yr old thread.

Was wondering WTF would anyone still be hard up for a Lada in 2016. LOL!

I think none here are hard up for a Lada, but I am surprised that there are actually professional car theft in Russia that want one... :gangs:  :gangs:

• Praise 4

Supercharged

I think none here are hard up for a Lada, but I am surprised that there are actually professional car theft in Russia that want one... :gangs:  :gangs:

because that's the best lada car they can get... those that come out from factory are just cheap imitations... :grin:  :XD:  

I think none here are hard up for a Lada, but I am surprised that there are actually professional car theft in Russia that want one... :gangs::gangs:

Honesty, if their Engineering bother to improve to the basic of a safety car, why not?

Singapore car price is unbelievable!!!

Turbocharged

The Skoda Rapid (not Skoda Favorit) was launched at the same time as the Lada Samara.

The favorit was lanuched later to replace the Rapid.

Skoda Rapid

http://images.google.com.sg/images?q=skoda...images&ct=title

Skoda Favorit

http://images.google.com.sg/images?q=skoda...images&ct=title

Lada Samara

http://images.google.com.sg/images?svnum=1...=&q=Lada+Samara

Lada Niva SUV

http://images.google.com.sg/images?svnum=1...lr=&q=Lada+Niva

A blast to the past guys....

skoda.jpg

• Praise 1

A blast to the past guys....

skoda.jpg

The Favorit is really Red Hot. It make the owner RED in the face for the high repair bill (my ex-colleague spend more each month on repair than installment), and the aircon will be blowing out HOT air on and off.

• Praise 5