HID Vs Bi-Xenon Headlamps

Shouyi

HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. It refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas contained in a sealed bulb. You would notice that HID bulbs does not have a filament but instead creates light by igniting an arc between the two electrodes.

HID lamps are also called Xenon lamps (referring to the gas insided the lamp -xenon. Non-HID lamps makes use of the gas called Halogen, thus it's named Halogen lamps)

Bi-Xenon means that both the high beam and low beam makes use of HID/Xenon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

i like my original old lamps, not too bright , not too dark...cos no money buy auto dimm rear view mirrors...sponsor pls....

HID stands for High Intensity Discharge. It refers to lighting technology that relies on an electrical charge to ignite xenon gas contained in a sealed bulb. You would notice that HID bulbs does not have a filament but instead creates light by igniting an arc between the two electrodes.

HID lamps are also called Xenon lamps (referring to the gas insided the lamp -xenon. Non-HID lamps makes use of the gas called Halogen, thus it's named Halogen lamps)

Bi-Xenon means that both the high beam and low beam makes use of HID/Xenon.

Hope this helps.

Cheers!

HID/Xenon also come only in projectors.

While halogen come only in reflector assembly.

Am I right?

Am I right?

Some cars have projector headlamps but not HID, so halogen does come in projector form.

Am I right?

The 8th generation Civic 1.8L and 2.0L come with HID with reflector.. No projector.