Freak accidents resulting in death

Stan10

Two killed as car plunges into canal at River Valley Rd
The bodies of two women were extricated from the fully-submerged vehicle after it plunged into the canal, says SCDF.
  • Posted 24 Jan 2016 23:03
  •  
  • Updated 25 Jan 2016 00:03
crowds-at-valley-point.jpgCrowds gathering at the scene after a car reportedly plunged into Singapore River. (Photo: Joel Chong)

•  

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/two-killed-as-car-plunges/2454098.html

Edited by Angcheek
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Just read this and I can't help but feel really sorry for the mother :TT_TT::ouch-it-hurts:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysian-woman-accidentally-runs-over-and-kills-daughter-4-after-dropping-her-off-at?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#xtor=CS1-10

Malaysian woman accidentally runs over and kills daughter, 4, after dropping her off at school

KOTA KINABALU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A woman in a car accidentally ran over and killed her four-year-old daughter in Malaysia's state of Sabah just after dropping her off at pre-school on Monday (Feb 1) morning.

A teacher and two other pupils of the school were also injured in the 9.30am incident.

It is believed that the 36-year-old woman had just dropped off her daughter when she accidentally stepped on the accelerator pedal and rammed into the victims.

The girl was rushed to the hospital, but succumbed to her injuries at about 10.10am while the other victims, a 25-year-old teacher, a six-year-old girl and five-year-old boy, were treated for their injuries.

Kota Kinabalu's police chief, Asst Comm M. Chandra, said the teacher suffered a broken hip and bleeding in her stomach, while the boy hurt his hip.

"The other girl escaped with minor injuries," he said, adding that the mother was not injured.

The case is being investigated under the Road Transport Act.

Just read this and I can't help but feel really sorry for the mother :TT_TT::ouch-it-hurts:

http://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysian-woman-accidentally-runs-over-and-kills-daughter-4-after-dropping-her-off-at?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook#xtor=CS1-10

Malaysian woman accidentally runs over and kills daughter, 4, after dropping her off at school

KOTA KINABALU (THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK) - A woman in a car accidentally ran over and killed her four-year-old daughter in Malaysia's state of Sabah just after dropping her off at pre-school on Monday (Feb 1) morning.

A teacher and two other pupils of the school were also injured in the 9.30am incident.

It is believed that the 36-year-old woman had just dropped off her daughter when she accidentally stepped on the accelerator pedal and rammed into the victims.

The girl was rushed to the hospital, but succumbed to her injuries at about 10.10am while the other victims, a 25-year-old teacher, a six-year-old girl and five-year-old boy, were treated for their injuries.

Kota Kinabalu's police chief, Asst Comm M. Chandra, said the teacher suffered a broken hip and bleeding in her stomach, while the boy hurt his hip.

"The other girl escaped with minor injuries," he said, adding that the mother was not injured.

damn sad for the mum, CNY coming  [:(]

This is why whenever i drop ppl off, i always make sure gear is either in neutral or park + handbrake engaged...

• Praise 2

same thing happened afew yrs back in SG ... where a Australian woman was reversing her SUV and ran over her 2 or 4yr old kid ...  

• Haha! 1

same thing happened afew yrs back in SG ... where a Australian woman was reversing her SUV and ran over her 2 or 4yr old kid ...  

As well as a angmo grandfather roll over his grandchild.

• Praise 1

This is why whenever i drop ppl off, i always make sure gear is either in neutral or park + handbrake engaged...

It is a good habit to engage the gear to N or P when the car is stop to drop off people. And also to make sure all the passengers have move away from your car before you move off. Cause I noticed some people after getting off the car, they might walked to the front of your car to get onto the pavement!

It is a good habit to engage the gear to N or P when the car is stop to drop off people. And also to make sure all the passengers have move away from your car before you move off. Cause I noticed some people after getting off the car, they might walked to the front of your car to get onto the pavement!

When my girl was younger from kinder garden to primary school, I regularly drives her to school and home with road safety lessons at the same time, my best opportunity in teaching her how to walk across busy traffic road, car-parking areas and road pavement.

Never once just leave her and drive off, always holding her small little hand walking together to school lobby and home door step.

• Praise 7

I'm thinking which scenario happened.

1) she only applied handbrake with gear in D to dropped off? That's why when she accidentally step the accelerator the car went forward.

2) instead of putting to R, she put to D after she went into the car.

Sad news, slow down our pace and be safe everyone.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2