Ever heard of Sprint Booster?

Nets

Neutral Newbie

Hi Guys,

Ever heard of Sprint booster? Its a flat piece of adapter to be plug into the connector behind the accelerator... I was "poisoned" when I went over to S****tronic to enquire on my air filter; bought the sprint booster and install... here's my first feel:

Mine's an auto and the pick-up is super slow; there's a very "feel-able" lag when you step on the pedal; thus am no longer as confident as in the past where i had my previous ride when i need to cut in or filter out.

After installation; paying the $$; still not very convinced till I go out into main road where i can throttle normally... whoom... My car now respond almost immediately [inlove] !!!! The launch and the response is so much faster now

Think the cost is worth it; for the kick in moving off... and the confidence it inspires...

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

You can search this and www.Vagsg.com forum, also the internet. There are many reviews and comments about it.

Basically, I think it amplifies the throttle signal. No magic wonder. Correct me if I am wrong. Normally you step 3cm on accelerator to get the expected response. With SB you need less travel of the accerlator to get same response. It should also show on the FC (meaning bad).

Good part is that you can easily remove for causal driving days and put back if you feel like Alonso.

Lamy

Edited by Lamy

Which means it just alter the angle of throttle response whereby you don't have to depress so much to release a greater amount of petrol, thus resulting in a false feeling that the car got more power?

Neutral Newbie

I agree too... thus need to exercise some self-control; but its assuring that you know that you have the power when you need it...when you need to filter out.. knowning Singapore driving style.. with the past slow-pickup; I kena honked or cut lane more than anything...

Neutral Newbie

Mmm, something like it; but I would say it does slightly more... cos I did tried to slam in to my gas pedal to initial a faster move-off response; but doesnt work. This seemed to eliminate the lag between our pedal and the engine...

Neutral Newbie

Now, gonna get used to the new experience; then step a bit gentler... and let the ECU "learn" the new habits; hope it will not be too bad on my FC.. cos FC is one of my major concern too [sweatdrop]