Superb Maintenance Schedule

Lamy

Actually wanted to bleed at 1K ( to flush all the micro bits metal and pieces ) and then put in mineral ( to acclimatize the CAM ) and bleed again at 5K before putting in the full synthetic treatment... and then eventually to AD at 15K.

Though it's an OPC, we'll chalk up the mileage in no time ;) .... Our new 4 months old Opel Corsa is now clocking at 17K... I guess we will visit the AE for our 2nd servicing pretty soon...

Perhaps with Roomster comes in as spare .... it will takes some of the mileage from the Corsa.. I guesss..

Warranty.. well.. that's part of the big reason I took it up.. Most dealers gave us 3yrs/60K.. which we always clocked up 60K in 2 years.. so 120K for 4 yrs kind of meet our driving style.. perhaps they like my smile :) .. that's y they give me the 4yrs/120K... no la.. I believe they are sincere in selling and making this brand happen big time.. I believe they can!

I've seen how Opel did it 10 years ago when I started driving their cars and I can see that skoda have a bigger potential to overcome that.. all thanks to VW "hot" technology and it's "ridiculous" pricing..

That's where the smarter drivers like all those Skodians here comes in... simply smart enough to sport a value for money!.. we all shall see..

As I told the AD, don't worry about the award winning Car of the Year Opel Insignia that's coming to town next month... the Superb TSI engine, DSG and pricing is enough to convince customer over!

Cheers!

↡ Advertisement

Bee Leong Motor Works at 143 Bt Timah Rd charges $15 labour for regular oil change if you bring your own filter and oil. Thanks to Othello for this contact, I have become a regular at this workshop, which maintains a good selection of continental rides, including those owned by the abassadors.

I assume your normal servicing refers to : changing of oil + filter. Give him (Boss- Ah Kee) a call before you go down to check on whether there are many jobs on hand. Otherwise, it'll take less than 30 mins. I normally go down first thing in the morning on Sat. They are quite nice fellas + helpful too. If they can do it, they 'll try their best, if not will tell frankly cant do ( and not take your car as guinea pig). Some of his mechanics have been with him for some time liao, and are quite competent.

Point to note - he does not have the equipment to change ATF though .....

true true, now the basic package using synthetic costs $108, up from $68. Thats a whopping 60% increase !! [shakehead]

My guess is that their main clientele are those PI cars, where they are the appointed/authorised workshops, so increase price to deter people like us

Learned from the maintenance manager, my OCS platoon mate, it was mainly due to the cost of oil itself (it was US$130/barrel then). However, I have not been back there for at least 8 months, hence I do not know how much is it now.

[laugh][laugh] i guess its precisely because of this hedging that they burn themselves ..... guess they must have bought by the shipments when the price was sky-rocketing ..... [lipsrsealed]