Review on Sung Beng Auto at Eunos

Silver_z

Check out this latest story reposted from TCS forum. I'm not involved and neither am I related to any of the parties. I just felt very tulan for the customer after reading this.

To mods, kindly delete this post if it is deemed to contravene forum rules in any way.

-----

i was going to this workshop (SUN* BENG AUTO) to check out their accessories when i saw their ad on hotstuff. Upon reaching their i was serve by their frankie (i think it is their boss) i was looking for parts to upgarde my power and he recommended to me

1) VPM super-electric charger (1pcs)

2) simota charbon charger (1pcs)

3) VPM spark booster (10pcs)

4) Raizin voltage stab (1pcs)

5) XT power (1pcs)

6) cyclone (5pcs)

he work out a pakage to a total of a whopping $4208! shocked at the price tag, i was more interested in the simota charger, volt stab only. Being a first time customer there, i was shocked to see that they want to introduce such a expensive package to me so i told him that i will only fix up the item i am interested and i also ask for a discount as i wanted to do my servicing there too and i was qutoted $556 for everything.

he then try to "pyscho" me into taking the package he offered and he say confirm got power. The thing is i don't trust these product and the quantity he want to put in the car is way to much (eg. 10 spark booster) so he offered to put it in my car and let me test but i still rejected saying i got budget problem and he still insited me to try, so he halve the item to come up a package of $2888 and say i can test it out with no obligation. I was the only customer in the shop and he say all workers will work on my car so it wont take a long time.

and i agreed, they go on to do the regular servicing while frankie carry on explaining why cyclone is good but i am more interested in seeing how the work is done but i was uncomfortable when i was walking out and he stop me saying owner will "heartpain" coz sometime the process required knocking.

After 45min or so, everything was fix up and we went for a ride. he told me to drive easy first and we took it for a few rounds then he told me to hard rev the car to feel the power and the turbo-like pull effect. Shockingly, i felt nothing much! in fact i do feel the car is responsive but during high rev they is a longer throttle respond time. Un-impress, i told him that i dont feel the difference and i declined his offer only keeping the volt stab and simota carbon charger. when we reach the shop there is still no one there and when the workers is taking out everything i saw in the dustbin a empty spiltfire engine oil. The package i wanted is kic so i when to ask him did he make a mistake but he respond me by saying he gave me kic and the spiltfire was use by another customer, feelng cheated i ask him where is my kic empty can?

he then reply me saying it was thrown away and they cant retrive it back, with no evidence i cannot but accept his reason, then the 2nd shock came a bill total of $1128! shocked at that price i ask him for a explanation, his breakdown is as follows simota carbon charger $280, volt stab $88, servicing package $188, xt power $168 and workmanship $350.

Feeling even more cheated, i told him i didnt want the XT power so why is he counting it to the billl but he told me that it is a fuel additives and once pour in cannot be remove and workmanship is high because they need to install and remove many item in the car but i told him he is the one that wanted me to do the testing so how can count workmanship with me and the XT power since cannot take out and i also never wanted the item how he wanted to solve the situation? he then told me he can offer a 3% discount from the total amount! :evil:

Now i am piss off! i told him i dont have enough money to pay so wanted to take out all the item in the car that can be taken out so he agreeded and still the bill is at a whopping $786 he told me that by removing the carbon charger and volt stab cost me another $80! :evil:

i pay up and drove off swearing i will never go to SUNG BEN* AUTO ever again but with a burnt pocket and fumming face i am at a lost. can brothers and sisters here advise me? can i go to case to report on him or is there nothing i can do except to accept the fate of burning nearly $800 to be cheated before new year so SUNG BEN* AUTO boss can happily give ang pow to his family with the money he squeeze out of me?

----

↡ Advertisement

You can highlight this matter to CASE.

You have to pay CASE S$10 but I think this is worth it if you can claim back even 1/2 the amount from Sun* Beng Auto.

U may wan to try to check with CASE on this issue and see whether got any hope. Tell CASE that u have been pushed ard to accept the intention offer for no obligation basis but in the end was being forced to pay up with threatening of additional labour charges.

Perhaps, can call up the news to make a story out of it to blacklist the shop so that they will not have any chance to advertise in the hotstuff mag.

Eh ... me not the victim lah. This is just a post I extracted out from TCS coz, as I said, I felt damned sorry for the customer (whoever he may be).

You the same holyavatar from yaris forum?

Shall we organise a SBA outing? Probably line up our rides one whole stretch at the CP in front of their shop, walk into it balonglong like sua gu baits, then attack their snake oils and charges one by one. [sly]

Anyway, this is outrgeous!! If you are a member in that forum, please encourage the victim to report the incident to CASE...

To anyone out there who experience such unprofessional business method by SB auto recently, please do not hesitate longer, make a report to CASE... Really hope that justice is done...

If this a unlawful society, I would have done that too... what attack their snake oils? I think burn down their shop is a much better choice...

Honestly, I can't wait to see their shop being condemned and shut down, most wanting to see their unlawful way of doing business being put on front page of newspaper some time in future, exposing their shi**y ways of earning $$$...

[sweatdrop] wah lao so bad ah.....i went there change my light bulbs to philips diamond vision....and my brake covers...very fast and efficient but got hard sell me HID package and broquet and whatever is there but told him i 1k mileage so must wait for servicing first...dun want void warranty then he never say anything liao.....nearly introduce my friend to install his MUGEN short shifter to his EuroR yesterday...lucky he close....

Neutral Newbie

guyz are rite abt sung beng..

based on my experience.. i was charged higher for my simota compare to other shops.. they were selling @ 288 but after that i realise there is a shop next blok selling @ 260..

I was trying to negotiate the price and before i knew it.. they were already dismantling my filter installing the 'simota'.

So LL have to pay... That will be the first and the last time i'm going to SB.. [thumbsdown]

Fast and efficent?? Workmanship are [thumbsdown] big time, can come see his VPM spark booster on my car, see how he connects them, I was shock but lazy to do anything now, maybe next oil change will get someone to do it properly, but till than, keeping it as proof that they are screwed up...

It works very little I find it, but over price, 248 per piece, kao... Anyway I meant was the workmanship, will go take a photo and post it up and u guys will get what I mean

I got 4 cyclones, 2 front, 2 back, really snake oil, and condemn [thumbsdown]

On VPM, quite happy. Was installed in my N16 Sunny, and throttle response better. Now changed ride, VPM is sitting in my storage.

On workmanship, before I can went over to inspect, they had already finished the job. Reckoned was really a quick one.

On price, they really thought we are suckers. Afterall, it your call, to buy or not to buy.

I was quoted something like $95 a pair for Philips Diamond white bulbs, when outside you can get easily at $70. If you go further, $60 also have.

If SHC mods have to immediately remove a review of shops, then I dun trust those mods. I do not see why they need to remove a review unless....... [sly] If such post were just name callings or false accusations, I believe it should be removed. These post are just customer feedback on the shop they gone to. Nothing wrong. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

Seen many post of people complaining that they start working on the cars even before the owners say they want to buy. To prevent this from happening, always lock your car once u get out to talk to any workshop. I always do that.

↡ Advertisement