• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
75 replies to this topic | 0 praises

Posted 02 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

don't want, i want everything stock nice nice, just want to tune laugh.gif
Face it, we are just ghmen's money trees
and they'll try their very best to suck us dry!
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:17 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

no choice, unless there is someone having the software that can hack into your stock ECU
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 03 March 2007 - 11:31 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

sigh.. no choice i think i'll have to live with the rich A/F ratio then unimpressed.gif
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:09 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

may be SAFC will help
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
Me, Mr Alfarleyfordadai, A citizen of Sillypore, pledge myself to strike all the highest prize. Based on TOTO, 4D or BIG SWEEP. So as to achieve prizes, prosperity and progress for my 4 kids, wife and wallet. GOT BUY GOT HOPE, NO BUY NO HOPE. [/color][/b]
[/color]

Posted 04 March 2007 - 10:45 AM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

told u no piggy back for me, too ex sweatdrop.gif
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 04 March 2007 - 08:35 PM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

SAFC won't be that ex if you get a used one
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 04 March 2007 - 09:18 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

get liao still need to install then still need to tune also $$$$ sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

maybe wait for a few more years until warranty expires first sweatdrop.gif
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 05 March 2007 - 11:36 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

tuning can learn to do yourself mah, since you are so interested in tuning
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 05 March 2007 - 12:14 PM

Silhoutte
  • Silhoutte
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi bro how abt going for CNG conversion to achieve more savings?
My Current Computer Rig:
* Intel Core 2 Quad 8200 * Gigabyte GA-EP45-UD3R * 3 GB DDR2-533 * 2.18 Terabytes Storage *
Gigabyte GeForce 9400GT 1GB * Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop 3000 * LG 2241T 21.6" Widescreen LCD *

Posted 05 March 2007 - 08:37 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

hmmm i think i better stay guai guai until warranty over first, at the same time can save money sweatdrop.gif
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:25 AM

Vtim
  • Premium member
    Vtim
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

mine warranty just over, so looking for some exciting "enhancement" maybe end of the year
宁可正而不足,不可邪而有余。
[/color]

Posted 06 March 2007 - 01:31 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hello bro Vtim,

I'm just curious if it from what u said FC improved after you did the FDL, then how come your trajet ECU wasn't stock tuned this way? I assume nowadays cars come stock-tuned for FC rather than performance.

i read somewhere, basically stock cars run rich to reduce chances of detonation. also, it caters to people who don't wanna pump premium petrol.

leaner mixture means better FC, performance but also easier to ping/pre-detonate. engine also runs hotter, and i believe for durability, this is a minus point.

hoping to do my ECU full-data-logging also sly.gif sly.gif sly.gif

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:38 PM

Nephilim
  • Nephilim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

So from what RON is considered premium petrol?

Let' say take my PI car for e.g., assuming they didn't retune for Sin. Premium petrol in Japan is RON100. So if I always pump RON97 in JB i am still too rich in your sense right?

This FDL thingy is engine-specific or model-specific? If got FDL for my toyota ractis (running on Vios 1NZFE) I also wanna do smile.gif

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:46 PM

Boyboy
  • Boyboy
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

from the discussion on the getz garage forums, it seems that after tuning at harmony, one would need to pump 95 RON, as compared to the min requirement of 91 RON for getz.

rich and ignition timing is different issue. for your case, the car probably runs advanced ignition timing to make use of premium petrols. i remember genie posted some good info on this issue previously. i'm newbie in this area smile.gif

Posted 06 March 2007 - 03:49 PM

Nephilim
  • Nephilim
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Ok thanks for your quick explanation. Will do a search on all these advance ignition timing and other 'cheem cheem' terms.

Cheers! smile.gif

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:18 PM

Ronnchee
  • Premium member
    Ronnchee
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Vis Works Autolab, look for Anthony

bro, u meant they are able to tune stock mazda 3 ECU?? shocked.gif

I am also driving Mazda 3, and had my front strut bar, lower arm bar and anti-roll bar installed at Vis.

Not sure whether Anthony can tune our M3 or not, but I think all the theory are the same.

I am going down again this week, will ask him.
I like to break, particularly records ...

Posted 06 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

Kb27
  • Premium member
    Kb27
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It depends on how you want to tune. You can tune the car to run on high octane only and maximum power or you can choose the middle road and still pump 95. You need to discuss with Harmony. I did quickflash and still can pump 92.
The fuel/air mix is also leaner than stock and the engine rpm limit is removed. So don't redline too often, coz now there's no protection. smile.gif

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:08 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

mine warranty just over, so looking for some exciting "enhancement" maybe end of the year

i thought u flush ur ECU already... still wan more? vitamin T??? sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif
~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 06 March 2007 - 09:11 PM

En0203
  • Premium member
    En0203
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

let me know if possible without adding piggy back, thanks thumbsup.gif

Edited by En0203, 06 March 2007 - 09:11 PM.

~~~ >_< ~~~

Posted 06 March 2007 - 10:25 PM

Normal_aspirated
  • Premium member
    Normal_aspirated
    Supercharged
    Author Image

i thought u flush ur ECU already... still wan more? vitamin T??? sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif sweatdrop.gif

he still got HRF syndrome,........and italian blood in him. rolleyes.gif

Back to Performance and Tuning  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users