Toyota Axio Owner Please Help

Menokiaguy

Any idea which WS in Singapore will help to install your spare parts if you buy from stockists? I check that most WS wouldn't want to install because they don't get to make any profit from the parts.

Go to the thread "Thomson Servicing". Its a small workshop at Caltex Petrol Station along Upper Thomson Road. Please call n check wif prices 1st. I used to visit them regularly. Now no more cos car still under warranty.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Any idea which WS in Singapore will help to install your spare parts if you buy from stockists? I check that most WS wouldn't want to install because they don't get to make any profit from the parts.

i think u should let that WS do the job for u.. since the WS kind of honest and quote you accordingly.. I don't mind giving business to honest WS since they also need to earn a living.. the price about 30% of the total that previous WS charged u anyway.. u save $1400 anyway.. :) :D

u save the hassle and no need to worry wrong parts that WS push the blame back say u get wrong part blah blah blah..

Edited by Yenyenpark

Thank you for the advice. It's quite true that there is a chance WS will say you buy wrong parts blah blah blah.. For a budget car owner like me (not paiseh to say) every dollar counts. I would definitely favour WS to do everything for me though.

Go to the thread "Thomson Servicing". Its a small workshop at Caltex Petrol Station along Upper Thomson Road. Please call n check wif prices 1st. I used to visit them regularly. Now no more cos car still under warranty.

Sorry to hijack this thread. Thinking of trying that WS for servicing in 2 weeks' time. Could you advise what's the average waiting time for normal servicing?

Do you have the number pal? I stay quite close to upper Thomson. Is it the one that's near to the fire station?

See the receipt from my previous visit, number is on the receipt. No fire station near it. The caltex station is among the rows of petrol stations there. Just after AMK Ave 1, beside lower pierce reservoir.

See : http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=3787461

Sorry to hijack this thread. Thinking of trying that WS for servicing in 2 weeks' time. Could you advise what's the average waiting time for normal servicing?

Waiting time depends on number of jobs on hand. Sometimes no other cars, straightaway can start. Sat is crowded. Try going very early like 9am or go on weekday mornings.

Ok, no more from me, later others think me trying to advertise. [laugh] Anything u wana know, go to that thread.

I drove an Axio for three years and all three years, servicing was by him or his partner.

Waiting time depends on number of jobs on hand. Sometimes no other cars, straightaway can start. Sat is crowded. Try going very early like 9am or go on weekday mornings.

Ok, no more from me, later others think me trying to advertise. [laugh] Anything u wana know, go to that thread.

I drove an Axio for three years and all three years, servicing was by him or his partner.

Sure thing thanks

I called just now and spoke to Ah Lee. He quoted me roughly $200 for installing the parts. If that is the case, makes no diff if I get WS to change the parts for me. Of course, Ah lee may charge cheaper when he sees the car physically.

I called just now and spoke to Ah Lee. He quoted me roughly $200 for installing the parts. If that is the case, makes no diff if I get WS to change the parts for me. Of course, Ah lee may charge cheaper when he sees the car physically.

But previously u were asking which workshop can help install. U mentioned no workshop can help u install. They are not the cheapest ard but they willing to install parts brought to them. [thumbsup] If u looking for the cheapest workshop, then you have to search ard or even go JB do it. Sorry, cant help with other workshop contacts. See ur previous post that I replied to :

I only recommend this workshop cos I went to him for a very long time already. He serviced all my previous cars :

Nissan Sunny - 1year

Toyota Axio - 3years

Honda Accord - 1year

When my current car warranty expires, I will go back to him.

1 person's meat can be another's poison.. or vice versa..

Adrian probably old regular customer liao.. FOC also possible.. hehehee..

u dun have a regular WS now since u are new.. so it's time to build up/get 1... if first WS is trustworthy enough and you are comfortable enuff.. let them do.. talk to them.. make friend with them.. next time u can get cheaper bargain etc..

all WS need to make a living.. if 1 day job, $100 is not expensive.. but of course u just make sure they do a good job.. cheers..

But previously u were asking which workshop can help install. U mentioned no workshop can help u install. They are not the cheapest ard but they willing to install parts brought to them. [thumbsup] If u looking for the cheapest workshop, then you have to search ard or even go JB do it. Sorry, cant help with other workshop contacts. See ur previous post that I replied to :

I only recommend this workshop cos I went to him for a very long time already. He serviced all my previous cars :

Nissan Sunny - 1year

Toyota Axio - 3years

Honda Accord - 1year

When my current car warranty expires, I will go back to him.

bro, even the best WS also will have ppl complaining.. some Chinese ppl say 8 characters cannot match.. lol...

even the lousiest WS still have ppl willing to go there regularly.. [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

there are few WS i told myself never to step there anymore.. but their business still good without me.. lol..

bro, even the best WS also will have ppl complaining.. some Chinese ppl say 8 characters cannot match.. lol...

even the lousiest WS still have ppl willing to go there regularly.. [rolleyes] [rolleyes]

there are few WS i told myself never to step there anymore.. but their business still good without me.. lol..

Thks bro.

I will keep my mouth shut now. No need to reply or recommend workshop to anybody. Ownself know, ownself use, ownself song. Just have to learn to ignore.

[laugh]

No lah... Don't misunderstand my intentions. I appreciate your recommendation. I have nothing against WS and I know with things so transparent nowadays, it is becoming a tough industry for them. I would definitely need a local WS to help install my parts if I haven't got any contacts for WS across the causeway. $200 for labour is reasonable for WS because of the time and effort they put in but poor ppl like me just have to source for the best solution. No offence intended.

No lah... Don't misunderstand my intentions. I appreciate your recommendation. I have nothing against WS and I know with things so transparent nowadays, it is becoming a tough industry for them. I would definitely need a local WS to help install my parts if I haven't got any contacts for WS across the causeway. $200 for labour is reasonable for WS because of the time and effort they put in but poor ppl like me just have to source for the best solution. No offence intended.

i dun think u are poor.. real poor ppl won't keep saying himself poor.. lol :ph34r:

Hi guys,

Would like to share info with everybody. Went into boleh land today and got my car fixed. Bought 4 pcs engine mounting, 2 pcs rear shock absorber with stopper and CVT transmission oil from Ric Tat then went to a WS in JB. Small workshop with only the boss and another worker. He charge me a total of 235 ringgit for changing all the parts and also check on the air conditioning and change air filter. Total cost around 600 SGD in all but got more than I expected. The car is good as new now! Totally quiet when stationery and also more sensitive when accelerating. It is great for budget owners like me but still advisable to go with people who know the correct places.

↡ Advertisement