Sprint booster

Stinkray

It's a useless device that only makes driving smoothly harder. It helps amplify your throttle input. In other words, open the throttle bigger than normal for the same throttle pedal input. This device doesn't increase power nor does it decrease 0-100 timing as tested in the real world. If you want a free sprint booster, just step more on the accelerator pedal.

Yap, I have the same thought too. Anyway, it is overpriced, IMHO.

Regards,

Had it on my BMW. Thought it was rubbish. We did G-Tech timings and it was the same with or without the Sprint Bullster. The ECU already takes into account the rate at which the pedal is stepped on, therefore applying greater throttle opening in anticipation of sportier driving. Anyway, the BMW already comes with a sports mode which tightens up throttle response. We have no idea what the Sprint Bullster will do the the adaptive ECU that corrects for driving style and traction control.

A lot of people who fitted the device claimed that their cars felt faster, but it's all in the mind. [hur]

This thing doesn't work on Honda VTEC.

Regards,

As stated in their website, Sprint Booster is a device that improves throttle response in acceleration(not power), such as up-hill, quick gearchanges, overtaking, etc.

It's abit overprice but I think it's up to individual likely and we got to be fair to them and can't comments much as they are using their own pocket money. Not everyone is so lucky and rich to own a BMW or Merc mah......

Hi Stinkray,

Do you know if it is possible to purchase sprint booster for Mazda 2 and 3? Seems like they only have it for MX5 and RX8. If that is the case, is there an alternative product in the market that works with the same principle as the sprint booster? Where can I get it?

Is it possible to custom make one? Thanks in advance.

Cheers,

Tomy

Hello Tommisan,

'm not sure whether it can fix Mazda 2 but I witness one black & fierce Mazda 3-SP fixed up @ Carvo and the owner is in this forum.....do a search. [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie
It's a useless device that only makes driving smoothly harder. It helps amplify your throttle input. In other words, open the throttle bigger than normal for the same throttle pedal input. This device doesn't increase power nor does it decrease 0-100 timing as tested in the real world. If you want a free sprint booster, just step more on the accelerator pedal.

Yap, I have the same thought too. Anyway, it is overpriced, IMHO.

Regards,

well..I have tried the SB and I can vouch that it does work. Faster throttle response, especially if u r doing sprints. Normal_aspirated is also using it now. It works better with e-throttle. However, what works for my car may have different effects on urs. Different cars are made differently. What does not work for u, may work for others..and vice versa. Just my 2 cents worth.

Neutral Newbie

I just got my sprint booster from mohan at stamford loyang. must say it works like a charm, even though mine is a manual car. there is just no hesitation in the throttle response, feeling very much like the throttle of my past '99 lancer. guess we are trying to remove the restriction of the e-throttle and make it more like the mechanical thing it used to be. revs fast now .. accelaration surely benefit from it .. but power of my ride is still the same as many have said .. so essentially it feels faster from 0 - 100 is what i make of my SB

2 ways,

1. look at ur accelerator pedal, is there some sort of sensor behind, looks diff from a normal pedal

2. pop open ur bonnet and see if there is this wire thing located at ur throttle body there.

↡ Advertisement