Sprint booster

Stinkray

I got mine from Carvolution yesterday. Initially, wanted to go there find out more abt the product. The boss gave me a test of the device, quite easy to install at the accelerator pedal. Immediately felt the difference. This is not placebo effect becos I have not paid for it yet. The car has more urge to surge forward now.

Neutral Newbie
so why cant we just step on the throttle more?

It improves the response ....stepping harder doesn't mean faster response

Neutral Newbie
if u do that, there is some lagtime and subsequent response is for engine to kickdown and engage a lower gear. The SB is cupposed to eliminate some of that. to be fair, some pp have tried it and found it to be quite rough and slightly too sensitive in initial stages. as u can see, those who have not tried it just asks, why not step harder on throttle? I have found that it does cut down on the lagtime and makes for a more responsive drive and pickup. for a 1.6L auto, i find it acceptable.

Agreed with your sharing as I've tried on a 2L auto(w and w/o it), quite like it as it is much responsive.

Neutral Newbie

Hi All

I am new here [;)]

Just got my Vios 2 months plus

( Actally it my dad family CAR [laugh] )

I got frd driving Fiat Punto ride manual ride

Who had test trid SB in his ride [sly]

Just that fast respone on the engine [nod]

Nothing Much in POwer Gain or whatever SO n Bu BU BU ........etc [thumbsdown]

Guess better for other mod better [lipsrsealed]

Neutral Newbie

Others than Stamford, the shop making V-Kool in Bukit Timah also have it.

(just beside Tan Choong Motors)

Read from other forum they allow you to test it before driving.

The price is around $385

Neutral Newbie
no, it is a plug&play device fitted to your electronic throttle (accel pedal). [nod]

when go car servicing do you guys leave sprint booster on or unplug??

I experience leave SB on when go AD servicing, they run an onboard diagnostic, after servicing SB no longer as effective....... [furious][confused]

i just installed it in my combo today. not earth-shattering but it works as claimed by everyone ard here.

problem with the combo throttle is that it's way too sluggish and laggy. even with 240nm of torque at just 2300 rpm, i find it hard to time my overtaking and lane changing maneuvres to squeeze into smaller gaps in traffic. it's not the turbo lag for sure, for even below turbo kick in rpm (1500), the engine is now more responsive.

now, the engine just reacts instantly to throttle input. the effect is just nice for me, not snappy like what some pple seems to describe. my take is that each car model probably reacts differently. $400 is rather ex, and i wish it were a tunable device so that one could instantly choose the level of responsiveness to dial in.

imho, it's now as responsive as a tight cable throttle. for those with cable throttle, consider yourselves lucky!! can tighten during servicing, probably for free.

if one can look beyond figures, this is a mod worth considering. but contrary to what some pple think, i believe this SB can improve 0-100 timing particularly for manual cars. at least, i find launching with SB far easier and more consistent. without it, it's either i miscue and move off abit slowly or i get massive wheelspin, which sounds fierce but really is a hallmark of CMI driver [grin]

Neutral Newbie

It's a useless device that only makes driving smoothly harder. It helps amplify your throttle input. In other words, open the throttle bigger than normal for the same throttle pedal input. This device doesn't increase power nor does it decrease 0-100 timing as tested in the real world. If you want a free sprint booster, just step more on the accelerator pedal.

EXACTLY........ especially so on Manual cars... for autos your engine will keep going to the high revs...

but for economy mode it saves petrol... LIKE PUTTING A BRICK BEHIND YOUR PEDAL...... so you cant step fully......

all in all this device is for all the ppl who have problems with their right leg.

Neutral Newbie

main diff btw SB & Pivot 3 drive is SB has specific maps for the respective car. Tested & tried b4 selling, SB is not a universal application for any car unlike Pivot's

Neutral Newbie

Bro, why dun install a 3drive? same function like SB but with nor, eco and sport mode. this shuld be cheaper

wanted to and almost... pivot... but so ex... then heard mcwell price wen up again for the new shipment... $400 plus...

$188 for violence or D1spec... and heard shawdow also cheaper..... malaysia abot RM$400 plus..

in the end decided probably only paying for the cute thing install near your dash...

but will buy 2nd hand if anyone selling... for a 2 figure amount... :-)

Neutral Newbie

maybe can try out windbooster, but only avail for certain models in the market, supposed to work like the sprintbooster, but way cheaper coz it's made in taiwan

wats a wind booster? which workshop? thanks... ^_^

Hi,

I've been using sprint booster for 3 years now. Driving a Merc E200. The difference is between Night & Day.

Many ppl said that it's not suppose to improve 0-100 timing but I think otherwise.

I'ved outrun SLK280, BMW 325,630, 350Z, GTI MkV. The agent never meddle with the booster when sent for services.

They really love it when they come to collect my car for service, all of them mentioned its pickup is not normal for an E200.

Never really dyno-ed but it puts a smile on my face when i step on the accelerator pedal; that's enough for me.

↡ Advertisement