AUDI S5 in the Flesh.

Feelliixx

Neutral Newbie

how to lidat compare?

1 is a coupe and the other a sedan leh. though u can hv the 3 in coupe form, i still think its a diff class

? I was talking about comparing with the 335i Highline.Sorry i didn't state specifically the model at the start. I don't know how to edit my post. Pardon me. [:)]

Anyway, how can they be not in the same class? Different class? You meant Audi is in a "lower" class than BMW? I thought the 3 premium marques are Mercedez, BMW and Audi? [shocked]

Besides that, the S5 is positioned to compete with the 335i Highline. I think there will be a RS5 to compete with the up and forth-coming M3. [;)]

Edited by Feelliixx

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

The eight-cylinder engine has a rated power output of 260 kW (354 bhp). Its peak torque is 440 Nm, which it already delivers at 3,500 rpm. Within 5.1 seconds the Audi S5 can sprint to 100 km/h.

[nod]

However at the wheel of an Audi A5 3.2 FSI there is a whole 195 kW (265 bhp) of power output available and a torque of 330 Nm in a broad rev band of 3,000 to 5,000 rpm. Within 6.1 seconds the 3.2 FSI quattro with manual six-speed gearbox sprints from 0 to 100 km/h. The top speed is limited to 250 km/h. Despite this thrilling performance potential the car

Edited by Feelliixx

Neutral Newbie

Saw that the S5 has a V8 and thought that its using the current S4 engine. Which will then put it as a competitor to the M3. Hhhmmmmm..... looks like I am wrong.

Wonder why would Audi put in an old engine and not the one in the current S4.

Neutral Newbie

Cost? Maybe they've got lots of leftover stock of the older engine and can't find a proper home for it while the newer one's being reserved for the more profitable model.... [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

the current S4 does not have an old engine per say. its is a V8 of 344hp

the RS4 has an improved FSI V8 of the same capacity at 420bhp

audi and every other car manufacture does this for product differentiation.

you cant have your own products placed to compete with each other basically.

what audi have done with the S5 is to FSI the V8 from the S4 to get 354bhp, this is not the same as the RS4 FSI V8.

if you extropolate, there will likely be a RS5 / M6 killer. expect either the current RS4 engine or some new V8 with turbochargers.

Neutral Newbie

Going the merc way, perhaps? - plug every available niche you can fill.

And, for the VAG group, they take it one step further by unleashing the rest of the group to fill in those gaps which Audi can't directly [:p]