Stream vs rav4 vs Vitara - dillema

Spider

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

thinking of changing rides but can not decide which model. current ride is suzuki and very sastify with the build quality and the realibility so far (3 yrs). and service of champion is ok too.

been looking on Stream for it's MPV purpose, but also always like to own an SUV. i know it's not apple to apple but perhaps car owner here can help to give feedback and opinion,

i going to travel malaysia a lot thus need a safe and comfort/quiet long distance drive, cruise control is a ++, and big cargo space is a must !

1) stream - for it's lower price and occasionally seven-seat config

2) Rav 4 - it's a toyota that i never own or drive b4, i'll not get from Borneo but PI rather....again, for it's lower price, but i need advice on reliable PI for toyota.

3) Vitara - i like the look, and i trust suzuki. but at the same time, i'll want to try other makers....

i'm yet to test drive all 3 cars but i'll.....

thanks all in advance.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

yo bro,

1) wat is the frequency of you carrying more than 5 passengers? if less than 10% of the time, forget about MPVs.

2) whats is your budget? GV is cheaper n nice looking, RAV4 from PI will be a headache.

3) if you are always travelling up north, need to observe the FC. GV suspension ( mainly for off road )and FC sucks, RAV4 FC better for 2WD model ( but only from PI )

4) what about other makes? Outlander FC is ok with huge space.

of the two SUVs, i'll take the Rav4.

cruising long distance in the Rav4 would definitely be more enjoyable compared to the GV.

If u want SUV..then stick to it. I suggest u try the all new CRV. The latest Grand Vitra I tried in OZ when i rented it.

At highway speeds, the handling is very poor.

Neutral Newbie

i'll take the rav4 anytime but beware of the high road tax u're going to fork out every year.

Neutral Newbie

a lot voice down to your budget as well...Vitara (2WD, 2.0) is at mid $60k whereas Rav4 is at 80k range (if I am not wrong) and Outlander (should be high end of 80k) and CRV is 90k+. I have tested the Vitara nad Outlander. I am happy with both in term of appearance and space. Power wise, of course Vitara is not as good since it is 2L only. But the price is a big diff.

Wait 2 more months. Honda Crossroad is on it's way. Looks like a Hummer, 7 seater, new engine, R18. But more expensive than Stream.

Not too late to decide then.

Neutral Newbie

Have you considered the Subaru Forester?

+

1. FC almost same as most SUVs plus 2.5 has a turbo

2. Great for highway crusing

3. Handles uneven roads and potholes well and definitely dirt tracks and such

4. Not popular outside SG so risk of theft is low

5. Reliable engine (can take quite abit of abuse)

6. Modable with parts from/same as the WRX and Sti

7. AWD not 4WD

8. Cruise Control

9. Moonroof for 2.5XT

-

1. Looks

2. cabin space relative to CRV/Vitara

3. Frameless door windows so weather visor is useless

Honda Crossroad views.

- comes in 1.8 or 2.0 engines (same as current Civic)

- Most likely only available from PI

- Buying from PI is not for the weak hearted.

- Unless there is a strong demand from it, it's going to be like seeing a bB car on the road. Unique.

- As with maintenance of car. Internals, most work shops can do. Just don't get into a accident cause parts would be hard to come by.

Neutral Newbie

PI Rav 4 how much? CRV 2.4 should be 93-94k if not wrong as the last time I see is 99k when COE is 10+k...anyway still big diff from Vitara...

Stream and RAV4.

Would prefer Stream cuz it looks very sporty and sleek. R18A haven tried before so cant comment.

RAV4 got a gd engine and its reliable. [thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement