5000 Servicing at Borneo Motors

Kylelam77

Neutral Newbie

Hi, i'm going to service my G9 soon as the meter is almost at 5000. Can fellow brothers advise as to the things that i would need to furnish at BM eg. Engine oil, spark plugs, air & oil filter etc? I heard that BM doesn't change all the stuff for u so i guess i have to buy myself and ask them to change.....

I'm think of getting Castrol Engine oil. Any recommendations for the type of synthetic oil? Like SLX???????

Also, do i change the spark plugs at 5000?

I heard there is this toyota shop along owen rd that sells original toyota spares?

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Kyle..

For 5000KM, let BM do the rest..

Then, go buy the KNN filer and check out the iridium sparkplug (IK20) from VTIM.

If you want me to change the spark plug, you know where to get me [;)]

Neutral Newbie

erm, i tot the type of oil they give arent exactly good. When do i change to the mobil 1 or castrol engine oil? What are the stuff that i have to change at 5000?

Neutral Newbie

ok, now i am confused. I used theirs during the 1000 servicing because i was going to change engine oil at 5000 anyway so no pt using synthetic. Am i supposed to change to synthetic at 5000?

Neutral Newbie

Will not recomend you to use a synthetic motor oil if you are

going back to BM at 5000km. [shakehead]

A synthetic motor oil will last about 10,000km or 6 months. which ever come first. So if you are thinking of visiting BM at 10,000km after your 5000km service, then my advise is for you to stick with the mineral oil they provide. [scholar] But if you are not going back, then you might as well use a synthetic oil , cos its more suitable for use in a new car.

Cheers,

"Live life to the Max"

Neutral Newbie

You can tell them you want to change to synthetic oil... if not by default they use the mineral oil.... then you have to go back again at 10K....

normally BM will just change the engine oil & other checking only. no changing of spark plugs etc. at ur 10k servicing, if u want, u can bring ur engine oil & let them change for u. there is a small deduction from the price - $20+.

Neutral Newbie

i heard from someone.... that's why insist that they change to syntheic oil.....thumbsup.gif No harm asking them what kinda of engine oil they intend to use also... see what they say.

↡ Advertisement