Subaru WRX 2.0AT

Sparcoray

Hi,

Anyone have any comments on the new Subaru 2.0 AT WRX. This Car is JDM-spec with 250bhp as compare to the MI WRX 2.5 (MT) with only 224bhp.

Thanks!laugh.gif

↡ Advertisement

Yah... but 2.5 got more potential....

As for auto or manual..... it ain't important to me.... as long as I can go past 200km/h... do the century in less than 6 sec.... can feel the G force when I floor.... can liao. [sweatdrop]

Yah... but 2.5 got more potential....

As for auto or manual..... it ain't important to me.... as long as I can go past 200km/h... do the century in less than 6 sec.... can feel the G force when I floor.... can liao. sweatdrop.gif

Neutral Newbie
Hi,

Anyone have any comments on the new Subaru 2.0 AT WRX. This Car is JDM-spec with 250bhp as compare to the MI WRX 2.5 (MT) with only 224bhp.

Thanks!laugh.gif

heard its a very good car... 0-100 = 5.9sec.. 250bhp... nicer interior than the 2.5 m euro

Neutral Newbie

Let me assure that it is VERY hard to sell a WRX AT. now does that convince you? Nobody likes a sports car to be AT, that's why they still make Ferrari in MT.

Its not about fun only. MT gives u more control hence safer. When going at higher speed MT tends to have a shorter braking distance becoz u can make use of the engine braking as well.

Just imagine going at a hard corner wif MT engine brake+foot brake and an AT foot brake....I choose MT.

Neutral Newbie

Sports car may not have to be manual, look at 350Z and others with steptronic ... VW's Golf GTI w/ DSG pwns Manual deep deep lei.. practically in singapore drive manual sibei bo hua ones.. unless u sibei lich can buy 2 cars(auto for goin workplace, manual for fun driving), or else everyday drive use manual very tiring one... imagine wake up very on, reach workplace shagged

Edited by Flameevil

The E4-AT on the JDM Wrx auto seems to have a e-shift thingie.

http://www.subaru.co.jp/impreza/wrx/mechan...1/09/index.html

I would agree that a 5spd auto would be better, but the wrx auto is still a very powerful car with cheaper road tax compared to the 2.5L manual.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/archive/index.php/f-50.html

Lotsa mod potential even for the auto wrx.

↡ Advertisement