KIA Carens : got it last week but.....

Cosx

Neutral Newbie

Dear Lester,

Thanks for the advise, you are right the comp ratio is 9.5:1; seriously what does it means? can we change this? (sorry for the ignorance..)

So for up to 10,000km, I should stick to the oil as recommended by the authorised service center right for 1K and 5K? Then only I can change the oil to a full syn.

With my baby due anytime, I don't think the carens got a chance to fly like a F1 (like what I did to my old corona..) and I normally sent my car for maintenance on schedule. Hope like you say things will improve.

Cheers and Thanks a million!

Dennis

↡ Advertisement

Neutral Newbie

Dear Mondeo,

the tyres was changed from a KUMHO 185/65 R14 to a Falken Azenis ST115 195/60 R15. I understand that the tyres mechanics inflated the tyres to the recommended pressure.

I also added about 5% to the mileage due the the change.

Do you think I should change the tyre pressure? higher or lower? Normally, before my baby is due, it just me and my wife that are using the car, I am not carry a car load of stuff yet.

Thanks

Dennis

Neutral Newbie

Wow, from amatuer to jr member in one day - keep it up.

As for knowing about this place earlier, well, I guess recent cut-backs in over budget allocated for advertising has hit the sector quite badly, and the after effects are.... [laugh]

Btw, watch that salt comsumption, too.... [sly]

Wow, from amatuer to jr member in one day - keep it up.

As for knowing about this place earlier, well, I guess recent cut-backs in over budget allocated for advertising has hit the sector quite badly, and the after effects are.... [laugh]

Btw, watch that salt comsumption, too.... [sly]

There are many Guyver to-bes nowadays... [laugh] But havent heard anything from him! Seems strangely quiet!

Neutral Newbie
I added about 5% to the mileage after change 185/65 R14 to 195/60 R15.

Hi, congrats to you for the new car!! [:)]

The error from upgrading from 185/65 R14 to 195/60 R15 is about 3.17%.

One thing I can share is to check the tyre pressure of the tyres. I am also facing a similar problem, clocking about 8.8km per litre of petrol. After pumping up the tyre pressure, the fuel consumption improves.

Give it a try.... [cool]

Neutral Newbie

Dear Sparetyre,

actually, how can we tell what is the right pressure? The manual only recommend for 185/65/R14 or 195/55/R15.

Any way to find out or calculate?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

Neutral Newbie
Dear Sparetyre,

actually, how can we tell what is the right pressure? The manual only recommend for 185/65/R14 or 195/55/R15.

Any way to find out or calculate?

Thanks in advance!

Dennis

Hi Dennis, what a question you have for me....and I have no answer!!! [laugh] *sorry*

Actually I was asking the same question, as I am running 17" wheels and the recommendation is for 15" tyres....

BTW, what is the tyre pressure you are using now?

The car is good value for money, but you just need to put up with the heavier consumption. My Sephia 1.5 M only averages 11km/l! Car is very heavy also. [:|]

Hi Huggable,

arrg... I knew it! But why did my agent told me its good [:(]

sob! sob!

thanks..

Neutral Newbie

Well, we all need something to look forward to in life, right ?

As for the REAL Guyver, I guess he's just basking in the honour of being the most sought after (and talked about) person in the MCF. After all, once you're hardcore, you're hardcore..... [laugh]

Well, we all need something to look forward to in life, right ?

As for the REAL Guyver, I guess he's just basking in the honour of being the most sought after (and talked about) person in the MCF. After all, once you're hardcore, you're hardcore..... [laugh]

Yeah he seems to have toned down a little, can you tell? He doesnt post as much anymore! [shocked]

Neutral Newbie

That's why I'm all for a post-hardcore (say, like 5 or 7500 posts) title tho' anything apart from 'Nightmare' eludes me [laugh]

That's why I'm all for a post-hardcore (say, like 5 or 7500 posts) title tho' anything apart from 'Nightmare' eludes me [laugh]

I sounded it out to Gav on this, hope he does something about it... [laugh] Nightmare sounds like a good start.. [laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I sounded it out to Gav on this, hope he does something about it... [laugh] Nightmare sounds like a good start.. [laugh]

seriously.... how to attain all these super doper titles huh?

now still okay to post... but once start to travel again.. then end up as amateur again! [blush]

luckily have office leased line to surf... [:p]

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Cosx, Like Sparetyre mentioned the error of upgrade the rim and tyre.

1. Is it the 15" rims are heavy, sure will heavier than 14", but how many wat's the weight and size.

2. Tyre also bigger then the stock, grips should be better than ever, but this' also affected the fuel comsuption.

3. how many tyre pressure U pump-in.

Edited by Mondeo

Neutral Newbie

Hi Cosx

Check your tire wall for a max pressure indication. From there, find max load you can carry with one tire. Multiply it by 4 and you will know if you pump max pressure on all 4 pcs, will the tire pressure be too much for the total laden weight of the car on the road everyday. For example, if each tire can hold 500kg, max pressure is 35psi. Fill up all 4s and you can hold 2tons. If your normal travel laden weight doesn't require you to have that much pressure, reduce all by a few psi at a time. Use electronic pressure pumps at petrol kiosk. They give negligable errors. What i would put forward for you to try is bout 30psi. See things go from there. As Carens has Macpherson fron stuts and rear double wishbone suspension, you'll be getting comfy ride. But if you overinflate the rubbers more than wat you'd normally need, you'll find the ride very bouncy. Trail and error is what you need to do. Bear in mind that you are using heavier wheels and tires. That's not helping your fuel economy much. Take this into consideration.

Lester

Neutral Newbie

Dear Mondeo,

the stock rim is a 14" steel one thus after changing to a 15" Alloy rim (Taiwan version), I though it wil be lighter and with the tyres being bigger as well as the grip being better (ST115) the consumption will suffer.....

The pump is about 30 psi.

I will then see how is it after 10, 000 km. ....

Thanks [:)]

Neutral Newbie

Dear Lester,

will try that out and keep yuou informed!

Cheers [cool]

↡ Advertisement