KIA Carens : got it last week but.....

Cosx

Neutral Newbie

I believe pumping close to the manufacturer recommendations for 185/55R15 is ok for your current setup as the diff is not much between the sizes.

30-32psi should give U best overall comfort and economy like what Lester mentioned. I suggest give the front tires 32 and rear 30 since it's a FWD and they tend to be front heavy. [;)]

Neutral Newbie

Yo Turbobrick,

visited your home page and man your S70 maybe my wife's dream car (she loves a volvo and especially in light blue colour.... I promised her one 3 years later). BTW, there seems to be one that looks like yours but in red colour at a public carpark near my place.

Thanks for the advise, btw, when the manual mentioned use unleaded fuel with octane level greater than 91 means that we can use the 92 that we find in our normal petrol koisk? I thought there is a diff between lab value and commercial value? anyone can enlighted me? [crazy]

Neutral Newbie

[replynow still okay to post... but once start to travel again.. then end up as amateur again! [blush] [/reply]

Really ? [shocked] I didn't know the user titles were pegged to the daily posts.... as far as I know, the titles are based on accumulated postings. [crazy]

Well, it's either that or Guyver-wannabe's are really gonna have to work hard on hitting 1000 posts a day.... [:(][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

no lah.... my mistake. Magfocus already told me the link to the rules.... [:p]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Cosx,

I just recently learnt that my brick is the ONLY one in SG that is Frost Green color, the other one SM sold four years back has be exported some time back [:)]

The red color ones are damn chio too! [cool]

The only diff in petrol grades is our RON and US-based MON ratings. So the US grade of 87MON is actually higher if converted to RON (donno the formula now [crazy] )

So if the manual recommends 91min then go ahead and pump 92 at our gas stations, no harm [;)]

Neutral Newbie

sorry.. think I colour blind... [blush]

BTW, I still maintain at 95...

c u 2 moro! [sly]

Neutral Newbie

95 will do fine for your Carens too.

Today no time to come to my place meetup? [;)]

Do join us next Sat at East Coast Park Carpark F2!

Neutral Newbie

Turbobrick,

will come today if no emergency (still on right??? [cool] )

got your address handy already.... do I just say I am meeting MR TurboBrick to the security should they ask? LOL [;)]

see you..

??? It was last nite.... 8pm on 7th May.... today is 8th May.... but u can still check with TB... see whether is he free or not.... [:)]

Neutral Newbie

ALAMAK... got mixewd up with the dates!!!!

so sorry...

Hi TB,

so sorry, I thot it was today.... I even applied time-off from my wife already (please don't play play with pregnant lady...)

sorriiiiiiiii

[blush]

Neutral Newbie

Hi Cosx,

Welcome, welcome.

What did the tyre shop recommend for your new rubbers? Usually they stick a sticker somewhere reminding you the new pressures recommended. I might be wrong, but it seems logical to me that changing tyre sizes would mean changing pressures.

Talked to a friend. He says his Carnival gets 8km/L max. But that is after 30000km, with a 2.5ton body and 2.5 V6 engine. Hope your Carens get better over time.

Neutral Newbie

Hi Neopug,

yeap the recommended one was 30psi... same as what Kia recommended. so I figure should be ok...

Hopefully, with the 1.3 ton body and 1.8 engine, I can get about 9+km/litre.... I understand from the agent that Carnival received many complaints about fuel consumption but Carens was ok.. they still insist that customer feedback 9-10km/litre.... I really really hope they are right.

Thanks [:)]

ALAMAK... got mixewd up with the dates!!!!

so sorry...

Hi TB,

so sorry, I thot it was today.... I even applied time-off from my wife already (please don't play play with pregnant lady...)

sorriiiiiiiii

[blush]

Wah!! serious ah.... really wasted man.... think if u join us one time... your wife will ban u from coming liao... bec... once u come... u don't want to leave!! and our topic just go on and on and on... next moment your wife will call and scream liao!! sparetyre hor?? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie
Wah!! serious ah.... really wasted man.... think if u join us one time... your wife will ban u from coming liao... bec... once u come... u don't want to leave!! and our topic just go on and on and on... next moment your wife will call and scream liao!! sparetyre hor?? [laugh][laugh][laugh]

Hey dun say until like that lah...My wife beri nice one [cool] She reads this forum one OK.... [;)]

Actually, it is funny right? A bunch of guys can just talk and talk....about cars.

Hop in the Santa Fe, then the Mondy, then the "big backside", then the brick.....never ending... [blush]