Mini Air Compressor

W13ng

Neutral Newbie

Hi ......

Anyone using 12V mini air compressor to inflate tyre, instead of going to petrol station to inflate. Is it advisable? [:)]

↡ Advertisement

in an emergency, still ok. for regular inflating, petrol station la...

must plug into cigarette lighter.. and it's much slower too [thumbsdown]

it is advisable............ to go petrol station to pump. the mini compressor CMI one. becos the pump hor small small, the pleasure also not enuff. must jack up tyre so the wait of car hor dun act on the tyre u know.

then this one u pump, 5 minute must stop becos they say beri the hot. pump 5 min wait 10 min. finish pumping sun rise liaoz.

Avoid those low pressure high volume pump as they are designed mainly for inflating large size advertising toys, bed, beachballs etc. Go for those that can put put at least 250psi air pressure and can pump a flate tyre up within 3.5minutes ( depending on car size, and other condtions)

post-7-1174225553_thumb.jpg

Neutral Newbie

Just wondering any diff. in the air of the petrol station & of the mini air compressor [dizzy]

got.. a ordinary compressor system will hv a air filter which seperate the moisture in the air (poorly) before kept inside reciever tank. if left unused, the hot pumped air will cool down then the moisture will collugate into water, then is a pee hole to discharge water.

a good good compressor system adds a air dryer system after compressor, so the air is cooled down immediately, then also filter away moisture before sent to receiver tank. so the air inside receiver tank is 100% moisture free... well mebbe 98%.

but dun think petrol kiosk got this air dryer.

min compressor arh... smlj also dun hv lah. all moisture in air is pumped into tyre lor.

Are you refering to this type of dryer for compressed air?? sly.gifsly.gif This one I used for my project for Compressed air of 0.8 MPa...Can pump typre for Caterpillar Trucks....laugh.giflaugh.gif

post-7-1174272715_thumb.jpg

Edited by Nullbig

Neutral Newbie

How about plugging in a nozzle and using it to spray off excess water after we wash our cars? Does anyone buy it just for this purpose?

warouz... 6 early 7 early scare me with a big big picture.

dun lidat leh.. i only toylet janitor.

btw, i dun like catepillar truck.. cos catepillar are slow. i prefer far-lorry.

can, but small small compressor at most last u 3 minutes of spraying. then u hv to wait for it to fill up another few minutes.

a faster way is just to drive along the ECP. so u got cross wind coupled the coanda effect over the car surface, etc the entire water will b sheared off the car surface in under 10 minutes

but then again, i second guess only.

Free-of-charge compressed air cannot be 100% free from water and oil. Removing water and oil from compressed air can be a costly affair.The water content will not casue any harm to yr tyres. For some contruction heavy equipment such as front loader the tyre need very low pressure and need to be fill up 50% with water to increase the weight of the loader. With low pressure and water, it's very comfortable to operated such vehilces even in very rough terrains.

Sorry that I need to high jack yr thread as I can't post new topic since I am new here.

May I know other then getting the rims from Eurokars, where else can I source for Mini cooper rims? Thanks.

those mini air compressor is for emengency used only.

you cant compare it with those commercial and industrial type compressor(which have more gadget to make the air quality better into your tyre.

When you have no choice along the road you will think of what ever resources you have to make you car back to the journey.

taking 5 or 10 mins to pump is much shorter than waiting for help without knowing their arrival ?

just for your info we dont have to jackup the car to pump your soft tyre

A patient inside the ambulance has higher survival rate than waiting for help [laugh]

↡ Advertisement