New Car Checklist

Chromas

Neutral Newbie

Hi, a newbie here.

Seems that everyone takes the manufacture date of a new car for granted, and does not bother to check. Suggest that it be included in the checklist, especially for those less popular models.

If the car is manufactured more than 1 year ago, don't accept the car and ask for discount or extended warranty?

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Yah...You can have a nice checklist and everything is fine, but what happens when you have faults after a week of use?

Do we have any checklist of what to do when you have a lemon car?

I am facing with one right now...and there's no law here to protect us buyers from a lemon.

I'm a newbie - can't start a thread.

So maybe somebody can start a thread here.

Read my post at:

http://www.teamchevysg.com/forum/viewtopic...t&sd=a&start=90

to find out more.

Edited by Mohdya
  • Praise 1

If it's a fault of the manufacturer's, bring it back to the agents. That's what the warranty is suppose to cover.

hello, this is my first post.

I joined because a friend nearly bought a first generation MX-5 that has shockingly severe chassis damage. and since I must have 15 posts before start new thread then no choice but to add here.

hope any bro here can help and move to new thread to warn more potential buyers, I would appreciate that.

this is the car:

http://www.sgcarmart.com/main/info-2AtGnHjj-1059.html

it will 100% not pass any road worthiness inspection, will kena impounded at police roadblock if they looked under the car. a real gamble.

damage to the left strut of of the chassis is visible from just looking under the car. the downward-facing holes are actually looking back at you!

at STA inspection, the car jacked up, can see the strut is crushed from left side, supposed to be square but looks smaller than triangle, at one point in the middle it looks so thin that it would easily snap from another impact on the left.

there were other clear signs of impact, looking inside the bodywork. the paint job was also fantastic, perfect. no trace of original colour anywhere, even in the wheel well in the boot.

the headlights also don't automatically flip-up when the lights are turned on. the dealer said to press the service button in the middle of the dashboard to flip it up, then turn on the lights, otherwise they will just shine into the hood!

buyer beware.

• Praise 1

Thanks for this information. It is very useful especially for me I am searching such type information from many days now I am success to get this information thanks again.

Edited by Adamparera
  • Praise 1

For the benefit of those who are about to collect their new cars, I'm posting up generic new car checklist.

Some of the items may not apply to you if your car doesn't come with the feature.

This is sure to make those SE's accompanying the new owners to have a real hard time

Upzzz for Chromas, it will be very useful if I have decided to change my beloved civic.

• Praise 1

imagine you do all these checks on the day you get your car from the agent... the SE sure faint... haha

Y faint? A responsible SE is supposed to go thru the car with u, interior, exterior, plus how to use the features.

Though this checklist is long, a proper delivery shld have covered most the points.

Not "Hi Mr XX, ur car is there, car key is here, tks for supporting me, I'll see u again!"

I've had customers who go thru this checklist, though it takes longer den usual, I dun find tat it gives me a particularly hard time. Will affect those "half-past 6" SEs though.

[drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1