Rubber smell from carpets

Ivan323

Neutral Newbie

Yeah.

3A carpets dun come with heel plate unless got to buy a aluminium heel plate separately but its look ugly on it.

I went atuobacs to check on the 3M carpets today n the carpets doesn't haf those rubber smell when i took it out n smell. [shocked]

LOLZ... [:p]

Think the staffs at autobacs will guess wad the hell am i doing if they see me doing tat.

But 1 thing tat 3M carperts really haf those expensive looks specially with the heel plate on it..! [thumbsup]

Think is time for me to save n shall get a 3M carpets soon..!

↡ Advertisement

Yep, I saw the pic. The aluminium heel plate looks nasty. [shakehead]

You won't go wrong with the genuine stuff bro. 3M mats are really thicker and long lasting, esp with the heel plate. No smell too... [laugh]

I also sell 3A mats before. The rubber smell is very strong, guess its bcos they are using inferior quality rubber to make the mats. Even when I touch the mats, my hands will have this smell, even after washing. Thats how bad 3A mats are. I still have some 3A mats with me, after 1 yr, the smell is still there. This mats are power. So I stop selling the 3A mats all together.

3M Nomad is still the best. No smell. Superb quality. Not that expensive. They really last. We sell 3M Nomad w heel plate and grippers. Also sell without heel plate and grippers. Delivery included.

Pls visit my sales thread: http://www.mycarforum.com/forum/Customised...815536/#1815536

Neutral Newbie

Hi, thanks for the recommendation.. [:)]

I would like to ask u a few questions before i commit on 3M carpets.

Superior is 4mm more than std means is more last lasting?

What does ur warranty consist?

What if wear n tear?

Can i replace?

Superior is thicker meaning the whole mat is thicker so is the coil of the mats. Its more lasting. Limited wty cover manufacturers defect on the mat, heel plate & grippers. Does not consist of wear and tear.

Do you still sell those 3M imitation car mats? Or something similar?

Or know of any places that sell?

Can PM me if not convenient to reveal here.

Thank you.

Neutral Newbie

Last week brought a set of Carmat from NTUC Xtra AMK having promotion @ $30 Only. The brand is Packy Poda very good quality and is charcoal transparent rubber mat the design look good... [thumbsup]

Neutral Newbie

i'm using 3M lookalike mats, and initially the spell is quite strong. But after some time it just goes away...

Neutral Newbie

I brought the carmat from NTUC Xtra AMK the rubber mat is pretty good quality only $30 before i put in the car i wash with detergent let it dry b4 i use it....no smell

Neutral Newbie

Right now EssoMobil Xpress & Cheers petrol kiosk also selling this carmat [laugh]

Hi Xtra aka Extra aka errrrr, ehhh, ermmm.... sorry can't recall your other nicks..too many. how have u been? hope you are fine. how was the safe box sales? good i suppose.

Neutral Newbie

yo, i think you can try the packy poda ones that sell in NTUC.

it doesn't have the bad smell that you said. and it will not change colours nor crack.

i think i saw it once in esso mobil when i went topping up the petrol, too.

check it out. hopefully when you go there they are on sale, too.

good luck hunting...

Old thread, does 3a now still have this strong rubber smell?

Time to change my old ones.

yes just changed mine last week, actually I quite like the rubber smell [laugh][laugh]

The rubber smell tortured me for about a month or 2 before it went off. It wasnt 3a... was some other 3m replica.

Since you mention recent ones still have the smell then looks like i'll go for 3m.

I'm using 3M carmat.. good quality and no smell from day 1. After 3 year of usage, still good condition. The driver side heel support shows nosigns of wear and tear. Worth it

↡ Advertisement