Blind spot mirror?

Redcafe10

Hi bro,

I am thinking of getting the side blind sport mirror to fix onto the side mirrors, just wondering is it very helpful? And can it can also use for parallel parking like help you to see the kerb?

Thanks

[thumbsup]

↡ Advertisement

actually, i would say if you have been driving for some time without using these mirrors... forget about it...

for me, i been driving like 4 years.. never believed in using blind spot mirrors, till i gotten one recently.. and its like [mad] the mirror is like causing me confusion.. and i am going to remove it later....

Neutral Newbie

I've been using it because in a van, you don't have a window to check your blind spot with.

But I have found it so helpful in parking (it tells you exactly where your right rear tire is), I find myself having difficulties parking with it when I drive my sister's Rio or rental cars in US.

so far i find.. small one not useful because the mirror is slanting. place too low not good, too high also cannot.

most impt is check ur rear view regularly. and if u want cut in / cut out... dun do abruptedly, tat's when u get a surprise. signal early is impt. when u cut in slightly, any car in the rear will come to view. then u decide yes or no. n the other dude will dissuade u with a horn tat u can choose to listen or ignore.

from wat i tink, tis mirror is someting to confuse u even more... although i realli start to drive only for a while but i got my license yrs ago, i tink the wing mirrors is enuf... wing mirrors cant c kerb meh?? can wat, tink u adjust a bit wrongly le... somemore parallel parking who says relies on the blind spot mirror?? imho, real parking only need to rely on ur 2 wing mirrors tat's all, i mean sometimes ur rear view mirror in ur car... looks like some adjustment needs to be done to ur mirrors... [lipsrsealed]

No need for blind sport mirror.

With blind sport mirror there will still be a blind sport.

Jus turn and check lor.

Can totally trust these kinda thing meh.

I only trust my eyes. Its safer.

The blind spot mirror works well for me. it helps to spot motorcycles and parking. mine is those can can turn 360 degree. Avoid those that comes with chrome housing, go for those black housing instead.

(edited)

I got blind spot mirrors but I dun use it cos I'm so used to turning my head. The blind spot mirrors for my spouse [laugh]

Edited by Windwaver

Neutral Newbie

I thik the small blind spot mirror is excellent for looking out for kerb when you are parking, especially the left side. As for the blind spot on the travelling lanes, I suggest you get a wide-angle mirror. Its much better than using the small blindspot mirror.

If you adjust your side mirrors correctly, there is no necessity for additional ones.

See this:

http://www.motorists.com/right/adjust_mirrors.html

What is the solution to tunnel vision and blind spots? Simply adjust the sideview mirrors just beyond the point where you could see the side of the car on the inside edge of the mirror.

I thought in driving school, we're always taught to adjust our side mirrors to see a little of the car body. The above statement tells us not to leh, which one is right?

Thanks bro,

I only need the blind spot mirror for my parking so i can see the kerb or the parking line, not realy for watching out for blind spot. Just want to confirm, any blind spot mirror will serve my purpose? We can paste the mirror in such a manner that it actually face downards and be able to watch for kerb and parking line?

I am new to driving hence not sure about this.

Neutral Newbie

Hi there,

You are talking about those round convex mirrors right?

Yes...I have them. I find it helpful. I can't do without them nowadays.

Initially it is a bit distracting because I wasn't used to it, but after training myself for a while, I now find it is VERY VERY USEFUL.

No need to turn the head to check blindspot.

It will also improve your parking because you can see the ground using the mirror.

However, it has a tendency to drop off after some time. I use additional glue to improve the adhesion.

Andrew

Neutral Newbie

I suggest you paste it in the area of the mirror which is not useful.

For me, I paste on the top left hand corner. This is area which is not so useful.