On Aircon with Engine Idling, Battery wont die?

Terenc3

If I want to on Aircon for lets say 5hrs. Then I on engine and just let it idle there.. Yes, will eat up fuel, but will battery die? I tot car din move means no charge? Or as long as engine on, battery will be charged? Cuz I arguing with my father.. =X.. Lolz..

↡ Advertisement

Hey bro !

Sorry sidetrack

You are also from NEC right ?

You have LED'S on your headlamps ?

Saw you on tues or mon night, i forgot, at marymount, turning towards Mt Alvernia that side... I was the Latio that drove past you..

No i mean, My dad. Lol !

When i saw youe LED eyes, i was like.. eh? isnt that that NEC guy ?

HAHAH

=)

Nice meeting you

Haha.. Ya.. NEC.. Nice meeting ya.. Din know you went pass me anyway.. I was sending my GF back.. Haha.. =)

However it is fatal to sleep in car for such a long time with aircon on right? Is it okay if I on then I open up the window by abit?

(edited)

If car not moving, may have incomplete combustion which give out carbon monoxide, which is a silent killer...no smell, no color, no taste...

why would u want to sleep in a car in the first place? [sly]

Edited by Beei

Just asking out of curiosity.. Cuz was planning a single day trip to sentosa, then happen to come across this topic with my father.. Sleep in car save money.. LOL.. I say will die, he say open abit window with aircon wont die liao.. Lolz..

ya open a bit of ur window will be fine...

however to play safe, best to kill engine. anyway it wont be that warm at night

new car from year 2000? should not have this problem, but dun take chances better...

but u can be sure that the battery wont die

If I want to on Aircon for lets say 5hrs. Then I on engine and just let it idle there.. Yes, will eat up fuel, but will battery die? I tot car din move means no charge? Or as long as engine on, battery will be charged? Cuz I arguing with my father.. =X.. Lolz..

Battery wont die, but you may die if there is leakage of carbon monoxide into the cabin. Dont take chance with window open a little. You may just fall asleep comfortably without knowing that you may not wake up.

Lol !! Nice LED lights.

When i get my lATIO, or whatever car, i will go install too... I am still too young now. =) BTW, you live in thomson area?

However it is fatal to sleep in car for such a long time with aircon on right? Is it okay if I on then I open up the window by abit?

that's even worst, you are letting the exhuast fume flow into your cabin..

maybe you shd attach a long pipe to your exhuast and channel it a few KM away.. [laugh]

Just asking out of curiosity.. Cuz was planning a single day trip to sentosa, then happen to come across this topic with my father.. Sleep in car save money.. LOL.. I say will die, he say open abit window with aircon wont die liao.. Lolz..

Don't start the engine.. let the battery run out and put in new one...cheaper than a night at Rasa or other hotel on the island.

If you want to sleep in the car, why don't you just drive home, sleep liao and go back there the next day.. it's sentosa, not batam..

↡ Advertisement