Toyota or Lexus?

Vit4wd

In 2007, Lexus wants to be a distinct brand and wants to be completely separate from Toyota in terms of marketing.

In fact, PI will not have Brand New 2007 lexus model.

Hope this is helpful.

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

1. I think the brand perception of Lexus will take sometimes to change at least in Asia.

2. Afterall, Lexus still belongs to Toyota, which makes both Lexus and Toyota. It is hard not to associate the two.

3. Best is to setup an entirely new Lexus Inc. in United States and JV with the Amercian to make it a US brand. Anyway, Toyota will not want to lose control over the Lexus, hence Lexus at the end of the day, is still a Toyota's brand, no matter how. So to a layman, a Lexus is a Toyota, which is not necessarily a bad thing to imagine.

Regards,

Edited by Kelpie

Nope it's not a bad thing that Lexus is by Toyota. But I dun believe setting up a Lexus Inc. in US is going to help matters, at least not locally. Borneo desperately needs a seperate showroom for Lexus for a higher sense of exclusivity. Consumers can't help but lump Lexus and Toyota together in Singapore when they are sold side by side. The current Lexus showroom is also too cluttered and badly needs a 'facelift'.

As fot the products, using less Toyota parts will help. The signal/wiper stalks look suspiciously like the items on the Camry, so is the side mirror control panel. In fact, the cabin just screams Toyota. Will you fork out 340k for the LS that reminds you of a 90k camry? Guess not many people will.

The toyota harrier 2.4L is sold as a toyota. Its bigger engine brother at 3L(now 3.5L new model) is sold as Lexus. So the log card is not wrong really.

Does anyone know if a Lexus RX300 will have vehicle make=lexus, or = toyota?

Neutral Newbie
...Lexus is the luxury vehicle division of Japanese car maker Toyota Motor Corporation.

The log cards of lexus vehicles in singapore are listed as toyota.

Lexus brand name vehicles are sold in North America, the Middle East, Europe, Africa, Latin America, Asia and Oceania; in the United States, Lexus is the highest-selling brand of luxury cars. In 2005, the Lexus marque launched in Japan, marking the continued global expansion of the luxury division. Previously lexus models were sold as toyota cars in Japan prior to 2005....

Yeap. The origin: Limousines for EXport to the United States.

That is an urban myth and no truth to the acronym.

The original name was supposed to be Alexis but was changed to Lexus which was pleasing and easy to remember.

That is an urban myth and no truth to the acronym.

The original name was supposed to be Alexis but was changed to Lexus which was pleasing and easy to remember.

Alexis? [sweatdrop][laugh]

Regards,

Shrug...don't think all SEs' words can be trusted 100%. Best to verify what they say from another source.

I have read about the truth behind the name from 1. the book on the history of Lexus 2. Wiki and 3. A history of Lexus written by Motor Trader Malaysia.

Bros, very simple, just go test drive and hear the engine noise and feel the difference. I am sure one will immediately find out whether or not it is a 2.4 or 3.0l. It might be a 3.0l Harrier, so check under the front engine bay whether there are two white triangles, if have, means it is a Lexus, check glass panels, if Lexus the radio headunit will have a gold Lexus wording embossed onto it instead of Toyota. Mark Levinson system is also unique to Lexus and even Harrier cannot indent ML sound system, Harrier top of the line only come with JBL system with JBL logo on the HU. Lexus signal indicators are on the left hand side instead of the Jap car typical right. Continental style. Lexus will have english wordings inside the engine bay as opposed to jap. There you go, should have more than enough spot the differences to check it out.

FYI, ex ride was a Harrier. [drivingcar]

from what I understand from the dealers

both lexus and Harriers have Mark Levinson speakers but the audio system such as amp is japanese.

hope this is useful

Sorry bro Ls430, i highly doubt they are Mark Levinson Speakers, stripped out the speakers of my Harrier before, was riding the GL-Premium model before with JBL system, was JBL speakers inside. If it was really Mark Levinson speakers, i believe other Harrier owners would have made that claim long ago, Take what the dealers said with a pinch of salt. Keke... Cheers!

↡ Advertisement