My Windscreen Cracked!!!!

Rannrac

I had had this also along SLE towards Upp Thomson Rd from Woodlands, one high speed motor cycle zoom pass me on lane 1, ~bang~, one bullet size dented on my windscreen, paid 100bucks + $3 GST to replace that, then paid another $150 to get a new solar film, so total damaged is $253.

were yr cracks long and big ones? can claim windscreen damage if only small stone chips boh? hehe..

I had some small ones also kenna stones but doubt the need to change since just find those windscreen repairman.

Use a brick or hammer to smash ur own windscreen lor if u wana claim. Not that difficult. Juz do it!!!

But think of the inconvienences of spending half a day at AD n replacing solar film at ur own cost.

• Praise 1

Me kena once at SLE [:|]

One 'Piak' sound and next moment can see 'Spider Web' forming [:(]

Can claim from insurance if yours is under the cover of it [nod][nod][nod]

Looks like SLE got a lot of debris ah... my car's windscreen also got hit by debris at SLE, twice on different occasion at the same place some more. I got it replaced under insurance.

Bro, luckily our insurance got cover windscreen one else pocket would burn big hole man [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

• Praise 1

That's why nowadays many cars had tinted film installed and hence once kena windscreen replacement, there goes our tinted film and had to spend $$$ to install it again [smallcry][smallcry][smallcry]

do u guys know that AIG do offer insurance coverage for V-Kool solar film only ?

had mine insured for additional premium of abt $20/yr for a coverage of $1.2K solar film...

but AIG only recognise V-Kool brand....

** had the experience of windscreen cracked and paid $250 for re-install Huper Optik...so asked AIG and they say can insured for V-Kool only...so when change car, insist SE to give me V-Kool free and insured at the same time....

just some background....

Does anyone knows what is the % of light allowed for the front wind screen ah?

Any Mazda drivers know if our front wind screen is tinted?

Mine's a Mazda 2 Pre-Fl btw.

Moooooooooooooooo

Mine too last month

Heng no excess

Crack about 40-50 cm. Must replace liao. Need to check with insurance need to pay or not.

↡ Advertisement