Do you wipe dry your car after rain?

Silverwish

Do you wipe dry your car after rain?  

116 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes, do not want to have water marks.
    • No, I like Air Dry

[laugh][laugh] i thought i was alone. i always clean my car after the rain. neighbour must think i'm crazy.
I'm sure my neighbour think I'm mad too. [hur][laugh][laugh]

Neutral Newbie

I do wipe after rain. But sometimes, no chance to do it until after work. By then, already too late as there are many marks. Will proceed to wipe clean using a wet microfibre cloth. Over time, there are many fine scratches and swirl marks! and my ride is barely 2 months old! [:/] It's a black ride, btw...

Actually, a rainy day is car washing day for me...

When it rains, I rushed out and take car under the rain. Sometimes, if the rain is not that heavy where I am, I become a rain chaser. Then I return back to the covered car park and dry the car... car wash done!!! :)

Mine is a 1 month old Mazda 3 btw....

Turbocharged

Then you should apply the detergent on your car in the multi-storey car park first, drive the car in the rain for rinsing, and then drive back to the covered car park for drying.

Neutral Newbie

I DON'T even wipe dry after CAR WASH, don't talk about after rain.

Basically I think air dry, sun tan is the best

and I can bare with the very minor water mark.

So long as the car is clean, water mark is not concerning and bothering me at all.

Why spend so much time on car?

Very free is it?

Different people has different pastime hobby. For you a car is just a car to you. For others it may be more than just that....it may be their passion. [;)][;)]

Neutral Newbie

In Singapore, cars basically are very well maintain and kept clean as compared to places like M'sia, Thailand, Indonesia, Taiwan, etc.....our cars are also relatively new in terms of age on the road. I believe that driving a clean and well-kept car is even better than driving a dirty crab car on the road.

Assuming both your workplace and home is those covered carpark.

Do you, wipe your car when you return after a raining day?

I'm one of those fortunate ones where my workplace and home's carpark is those cover type. When I came back from lunch just now (Rainly day), I proceed to wipe dry my car. Then I realised I'm the only one doing so in the carpark laugh.giflaugh.gif.

Reason for me to do so. I dun want to complaint about having water mark later on. Just want to find out whether is there others who do the same.

Do share your view. thumbsup.gif

Oh I am a 'green' person so I dry my car the natural way [cool] . I just drive forward and backward on high speeds for short spurts, with a few hard cornering and braking to let the wind and action dry the car [laugh]

Assuming both your workplace and home is those covered carpark.

Do you, wipe your car when you return after a raining day?

I'm one of those fortunate ones where my workplace and home's carpark is those cover type. When I came back from lunch just now (Rainly day), I proceed to wipe dry my car. Then I realised I'm the only one doing so in the carpark laugh.giflaugh.gif.

Reason for me to do so. I dun want to complaint about having water mark later on. Just want to find out whether is there others who do the same.

Do share your view. [thumbsup]

No no. Never wipe dry after the rain if you want to keep your paint in good condition.

Experiment this: after the rain, just take a white tissue paper and dap dry. Look at the tissue paper and you will see specks of black dirt. That's what will scratch your car if you wipe it try.

if you have time, do a quick car wash and wipe dry. If no time, just leave it and wash your car during your next car wash. If super hard working, do a good polish and wax periodically so as to protect your paint from the toxic rain. A good sealant is a key to protect your paint.

Invest in a good aqua wax and quick detailer from autoglym to keep your paint in good condition. Top it up half yearly with HD Wax. The rest is just daily wash and simple maintenance.

Good luck!

For the obvious larger water beads with dark dust specks, 2-ply tissue to dap dry, if necessary, follow by Optimum Opti-Clean with microfiber.

The more obvious place would be the inner rear bumper area.

To dry safely, can consider using large plush microfiber to pat dry.

↡ Advertisement