Parking at Private housing estates

Kelpie

Hi guys,

Do you know whether cars are allowed to park at private landed housing estates where there is no marking on both sides of the roads? It seems like a cost saving way of parking car.

Thank you.

Regards,

↡ Advertisement

1. Hence, the reasons why the residents there put up bins, chairs and all sorta of obstackles to discourage non-residents from parking their cars there.

2. Erm..how not to obstruct traffic? even if they park closely to the kerb, they are still taking up 1/2 of the lane space. So even park with one side of their car landing on the pavement and the other side on the road. All sorta of stunts just to save parking fees.

Regards,

a road may seems to b a public road but in a pte estate may not come under mgmt of LTA. therefore the pte estate may hv pple who may resort to clamp ur wheels.

a road may seems to b a public road but in a pte estate may not come under mgmt of LTA. therefore the pte estate may hv pple who may resort to clamp ur wheels.

1. Wah, you mean the residents can actually wheel clamp the cars of the non-residents?

2. Imagine, if you live in a landed house and have to deal with non-residents coming in at nights and occuppying roads to park their cars so that they can escape paying parking fees.

Regards,

I suppose as long as another car or truck can still drive thru the road..then you are not obstructing.

Sure can pass through but only one car at a time loh. You see, both sides are parked with car, so it poses a potential danger to the road users.

Regards,

trespassing.. remember the case of the contractor vs churchgoers at novena, contractor sealed off all the cars fr leaving. police called in.

By right.. its allowed to do so..

But.. Pls don't do that.. I'm sure if you stay in the housing estate you wouldn't like people to park outside your house. And if u have 2 or more vehicles, u wun like ppl to park at your "slot" forcing u to park somewhere further.

Be considerate.

1. Hence, the reasons why the residents there put up bins, chairs and all sorta of obstackles to discourage non-residents from parking their cars there.

2. Erm..how not to obstruct traffic? even if they park closely to the kerb, they are still taking up 1/2 of the lane space. So even park with one side of their car landing on the pavement and the other side on the road. All sorta of stunts just to save parking fees.

Regards,

actually,by putting up rubbish bins,chairs and bricks on the road is a very selfish act.So what if you live in private estate?You don't need contractor or repairman to fix up or repair things for you?When they drove to your door,then find out no parking lots,as all are blocks by you and your neighbours,how frustrated can he be when he need to walk all the way from outside where there is no bins and bricks back to your estate.Imagine they carrying ladders and tools.OMG! [rifle]

Hi guys,

Do you know whether cars are allowed to park at private landed housing estates where there is no marking on both sides of the roads? It seems like a cost saving way of parking car.

Thank you.

Regards,

Legally you can.. but then, if you are resident there, would you like cars to pay right at your door step or around the area of your access...

Let's say you are staying in HDB, the corridor thus do not belong to you, so would anyone like it if i place my pot of plants there coz my landed property just ran out of place for the plants? [sly]

• Praise 1

Yes you can. As long as your car is not obstructing traffic or blocking the entrance (partly or wholly).

Recently I have a van that keep parking outside my house continuously for 2-3weeks. My dad observe that it's non-residents', coz at times, neighbours does park outside my place coz all our cars are in the house.

Anyway, I made a call to the police post coz tat van come with a crack windscreen, thus look rather dodgy and is of danger to both myself and oncoming cars as we can't see each other when I reverse out of my house.

I made my call at 11+pm and at 1am, Jurong police HQ called and inform me that they have called the owner (who is in JB!!!) and owner will remove it the next morning. Now, I have give kudos to the police for their efficient.. and my apologies to the van driver. He can have his free parking but not everyday in front of my house and deprive my guests of parking and also danger to others as it's blocking the view of oncoming cars.

you will get summon if the residents complain.

Depends on the type of complaints.. some will just ask you to move your car and not park there ...

but for hardcore cheapo people who like to save season parking, then a fine for them..

when contractors or repairman come, they can request for the owners to remove all the stuffs mar..

anyway, most of these things are place in private estates which is close to HDB and eateries.

Are those in HDB so cheapo? I don't think so.. it's usually the people. not the place they live in.

Depends if I want to place my pot there in the first place or not. If no, I will be very p*ss. If yes, i will be more p*ss and LL. [laugh]

But going back to parking, residents can always get LTA to draw yellow lines, so no one can park. [sly]

Neutral Newbie

i think the TP should be informed to issue a summon to the van.

maybe traffic obstruction?

parking other than in a parking lot?

Yup..i agreed with u. The residents can apply to have the road laid with double yellow lines or continuous white line.

That's wat my fren did, together with her neighbours.

↡ Advertisement