Bugis Pedestrain crossing over crowded

Apollo

Neutral Newbie

i think should make a overhead shopping mall to link up Bugis village and Bugis junction so as not to give more stress to motorist as the overcrowding pedestrain stand on the road and block the traffic flow.

Neutral Newbie

an overhead bridge or underpass should be built long ago... but many ppl would be too lazy to climb up and down the bridge.

the passageway at the road divider is just too narrow 2m-3m>?if the pedestrains r sparodic still ok but u see it is waves of pple on both side. worst when pple still caught betw traffic lights.

i worry accident will happen soon.

Turbocharged

imagine a car or a bus lost control..and bang smack right into the crowd..fall like bowling pins man..

Neutral Newbie

If ppl lazy to climb up down can always install escalator. Better to build overhead bridge den to remove the railings. No railings surely got more ppl jaywalking.

it is possible.. but higher possibility is jay walkers get hit esp if the road divider side is overspilled and then it start to rain. no one like to be caught in a rain for sure.

tat one will likely to happen 1-2 years fr now when the new shopping center in the empty plot of land nex to the village is completed.

It's really packed like sandines [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

But if all around are pretty chicks i don't mind being the sandine [laugh][laugh][laugh][lipsrsealed]

Edited by Mzrmazda3

an overhead bridge or underpass should be built long ago... but many ppl would be too lazy to climb up and down the bridge.

I believe that either the developer of Bugis Junction or the relevant government agencies have overlooked on the pedestrian crossing problem. The common phrase which is often overlook is "What If"?

An underpass would be possible since there is already a basement at Bugis Junction and the Bugis MRT Station but the problem is due to the space constraint along the 3-storey shops/offices opposite Bugis Junction.

However, one possibility to ease the congestion at the existing traffic light crossing is to construct an overhead covered linkway from Bugis Junction and across the road and provide covered escalators on both ends. With the escalator instead of steps, one will not feel tired especially for the handicapped and aged. The existing human crossing at the traffic lights could still be maintained.

I believe that the above proposal will defintely ease the current problem heavy human congestion at the traffic lights for pedestrians crossing as it is currently the only means of crossing.

Edited by Mikeyeo

i hope u lose ur wallet while ur lil bro is getting excited and doing all the thinking and draining blood fr ur head... rolleyes.gif

pick pocket ard bugis is beri common

Agree something must be done there - UNACCEPTABLE, esp if they want to attract tourists to that area. THey have to make the whole crossing wider and not have that dog leg in the middle. If both sides turn green at the same time, the dog leg is meaningless. It is frustrating for the pedestrians but also the motorists. can you blame pedestrians when they cross only not to be able to enter the fenced area in the median strip because of the human jam? Then they become exposed.