Using handphone while driving

Neutral Newbie

Last night (1st May), I was turning out of Giant @ Tampines. Upon reaching Tampines Ave 10 towards TPE, I saw a TP bike whizzed pass me.

Although I was on the phone, I was using my trusty bluetooth earpiece. The TP took a look at me and proceed on front.

Then I saw the TP turning on his 'berry', stopping a Latio Sports. I think the driver wasn't so fortunate. He was also using his handphone but without an ear-piece.

A gentle reminder to all. Talk all you want (M1's commercial) but please, use a ear-piece. [sunny]

↡ Advertisement

Best is dun use handphone while driving. Even you need to pick up a urgent call, do it shortly.

Many times I see the car in front sway left and right on the road, I know he/she is using a handphone.

It is dangerous to use handhphone while driving.

If anyone is caught using the HP while driving without using a Handsfree set, then good luck to that person. License will get suspended and if you need to drive for a living (sales... delivery... etc) then you can start finding another job. Oh.. also, if you lose your license, your car can sell away liaoz...if no one can else can drive.

actually, it's safer not to use ear piece.

don't shoot me. i actually use my earpiece just abt all the time. unless in some place like ulu part of NTU or in MSCP.

why i say so? it's frigging dangerous to plug in the earpiece if it hasn't been plugged in or to let ur hand wander around for the earpiece to plug into ur ear

safer and easier to pick up the whole phone n put it to ur ear.

but we are in singapore, use the blXXdy earpiece. fine of 1K is no joke. can install a set of illegal HID liao [laugh]

the only safe earpiece IMHO, is the integrated bluetooth handsfree system. in the camry (not mine, and besides my phone no bluetooth [laugh] ), the system is activated once ur bluetooth phone enters the car [thumbsup]. truly automated.

if ur car got no such system, it's only safe if ur bluetooth headset or handsfree is already plugged into ur ear n phone. and set to auto answer.

Huh what fine of 1k? If not wrong, not only your handphone will be confiscated, you will also have to attend court if caught!

It should be our personal responsibility to pair our bluetooth earpieces to our phones or plug in our earpieces before we start moving off. If forgot, then bo bian lor, reject the call.

To further clarify, it doesn't mean that if you are using a earpiece then it's not against the law. Even if you are using a earpiece, as long as your hp is in your hand for whatever reason, you'll be considered as breaking the law.

Neutral Newbie

Dont Flame me but i think that these people deserve to be caught, got $$ drive car and handphone no $$ buy earpiece , everyday when i rode my bike i will ofthen see these type of driver , already on the phone somemore hogging the road , some even SMS also haiz..

Actually its not using hands-free or watever that causes the infringement of law.

The following 2 has to occur for any police officers to charge:

1) Holding the phone

2) Vehicle is moving..

That means, even if you are not calling or doing anything to your phone, by holding the phone while driving, you can be charged under using the HP while driving law.

Ok.. GF's hand is not included... hahaha

Rgds

Neutral Newbie

I agree...it is really not about the physical portion of chatting on the phone with the ear-piece. If one get overly engrossed in conversation, even if the road is off his mind for one second, it can be fatal not just for him but for the other road users as well.

One more thing:

Even if you are using a earpiece, and STILL holding the phone while the vehicle is moving, you will still be charged under handphone driving clause.

Rgds

So many don't than do's ,might as well dont use it hur.gif

Prepare to put nice nice ringtone,let it ring when driving laugh.gif

so where did all the confiscated HP gone to?

if there's a good one like Dopod or N90 g chirp, i may b interested.

just curious,

i remember some time back, there was an article in the papers 'teachin' u how to answer the phone even when u have the ear piece.

u are not allowed to hold the phone (i've seen pple, using earpiece, then still hold the phone and talk until dam action).

but what if, u have in comin call, u press the button to answer, and press the spkr button.

and with both hands on the steerin wheel, u just shout and shout and listen. is this still an offence? but ur phone is on the seat next to u, just that u are talkin without the handsfree set.

always been wondering..

(edited)

Good luck to that Latio driver [sweatdrop][sweatdrop][sweatdrop]

Smelly smelly up the court, Orr-Gong & HP confiscated [rolleyes][rolleyes][rolleyes]

Edited by Mzrmazda3
↡ Advertisement