Malaysia: Directions to Genting

Nhrisuzu

Yes Pudu Raya got bus up to Genting highland cant remember the fare I think is Rm 6.50 one way and every hour got bus up or down.

https://www.rwgenting.com/getting-here/express-bus/

Pudu Sentral to RW Genting 

Express Bus & Skyway - RM12.50 (Adult), RM 11.60 (Child) 

Bus Only from Skyway to Pudu Sentral - RM 4.60 (Adult), RM 3.50 (Child) 

Pudu Sentral is accessible via Plaza Rakyat Star LRT station.

post-16380-0-67762400-1504106468_thumb.png

↡ Advertisement

Members going to Genting please take note. This morning (Aug 31) I was stuck in a slow traffic jam from Cheras to the foot of GH. The jam was about 17 km. Took 3 + 1/2 hours to reach Premium Outlet . The jam was all the way to Bentong. The Gombak toll was the problem. Looks like all Malaysians are going back to Kuantan. Ah jib announced Monday is a holiday. Jialat Leow. Did LHL announce Monday as PH because Singapore did very well in the SEA games.

• Praise 1

Members going to Genting please take note. This morning (Aug 31) I was stuck in a slow traffic jam from Cheras to the foot of GH. The jam was about 17 km. Took 3 + 1/2 hours to reach Premium Outlet . The jam was all the way to Bentong. The Gombak toll was the problem. Looks like all Malaysians are going back to Kuantan. Ah jib announced Monday is a holiday. Jialat Leow. Did LHL announce Monday as PH because Singapore did very well in the SEA games.

msia long weekend

Supercharged

Premium Outlet opened in Genting Highlands. Pretty sure no problem staying outdoors as weather will be cooling unlike Johor one. But how come never open in Singapore leh? Actually Singapore don't even have a proper Outlet Mall like those in USA. IMM and Changi don't even consider as one to me.

Where is this Premium Outlet located exactly ? From the video like nearby Awana.... anyone knows...

Where is this Premium Outlet located exactly ? From the video like nearby Awana.... anyone knows...

Genting Premium Outlet is located in a building next to Awana Skyway. 

The SkyWay is located in the Level 2 (L2) of Awana Bus Terminal; and if you come down from Gentig Highland by cable car, as you get off from the cable car, walk you way out from the Skyway boarding/alighting points, you will see signages directing to the GPO.

• Praise 1

Thks Opel17.

Likely to be ard 6/7am.

Hi Bro

6.00am.... coz that's when the self-check in kiosks gets "online".  Before 6.00am, if you approach the machines, you will see the message that the system is "offline".

Genting Premium Outlet is located in a building next to Awana Skyway. 

The SkyWay is located in the Level 2 (L2) of Awana Bus Terminal; and if you come down from Gentig Highland by cable car, as you get off from the cable car, walk you way out from the Skyway boarding/alighting points, you will see signages directing to the GPO.

Is there alot of parking lots available? 

"Effective 1 Sep 2017, all international tourists (Non-Malaysians) will be charged a Tourism Tax of RM10 per room per night in accordance with Malaysia Tourism Tax Act 2017. This tax will be collected upon check in".

Received the above message form RW Genting.

They still give me free room. No mention of tax leh?
  • Praise 1

n Is there alot of parking lots available? 

They have ample parking space. Parking is at RM5 per entry on weekdays & RM8 during weekends. Free parking for Genting Members. 

They still give me free room. No mention of tax leh?

The tax RM10/night is collected during check-in. 

We went to Genting Highlands First World Hotel last week. The self check-in kiosks collect the tax payment either with credit card or cash.

We went to Genting Highlands last week, and took a ride on the Awana Skyway to the Genting Highlands Premium Outlet.

The atmosphere is very nice due to the cool weather. A nice contrast vs the hot weather at Johor Premium Outlet.

*** buy single trip tickets coming down from the peak.

*copied from Awana Skyway website....

COMPLIMENTARY AWANA SKYWAY TICKETSFrom 27 July 2017 
Receive Awana Skyway Tickets with purchase of RM200 or more. 
The offer is valid for the first 100 customers of the day. Please proceed to the Information Center for more details. 
*Terms & Conditions apply.

• Praise 2

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how much I should top up the Touch N Go card to and from Genting? Don't wish to top up too much as I seldom drive into Malaysia and any excess value would just expire.

Hi,

Does anyone have an idea how much I should top up the Touch N Go card to and from Genting? Don't wish to top up too much as I seldom drive into Malaysia and any excess value would just expire.

Will be going by Tuas checkpoint

you can find out from this website

http://www.plus.com.my/index.php?option=com_gmapfp&view=gmapfplist&id_perso=1&Itemid=57&lang=en

but you probably need to include RM50 for to n fro the 2nd link and RM20 charge. Also if you are passing through KL/selangor, some of the road also have toll charges.

i would just top up RM200 and probably won't have much balance if any. You can use TnG card for parking too.

• Praise 2

The cineplex Picture House is already open. The front row seats come with electric recliner. Ticket @RM18 vs RM17 normal seat.

*at the end of movie, try to leave with everyone at the only exit at the bottom of the hall. Otherwise you will find yourself in a very isolated and long tunnel walkway leading to the escalator.

• Praise 2

Become a Gold member lor .. [laugh] [laugh]

So easy to get gold nowadays?

Mine time was difficult..need to sit at table for hours...hahaha

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement