• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
56 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:24 PM

Joanne76
  • Joanne76
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi guys, i am some problems with my vertical parking, my car always tend to more on the left side of the car lot and sometimes in between of two lots. I always need to do adjustments to get it right. I really don't know why it always like that. I am so afraid of doing any parking now. Can anyone here give me the steps of doing vertical parking?I am driving a Mit Lancer. Thanks

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:35 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Sis,

Do it the way you took your driving test!

There are the left and right vertical parking. Quite difficult to describe here.

Edited by Fitvip, 13 May 2007 - 09:38 PM.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:41 PM

Legendary
  • Legendary
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Nothing wrong with doing adjustments. Practice makes perfect wink.gif
=================================================
9 out of 10 men are horny....

....the 10th man is the horniest
=================================================

Nhrisuzu
  • Premium member
    Nhrisuzu
    6th Gear
    Author Image

sis.. this needs lots of practice.. basically, slow and steady is the way.. thumbsup.gif
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
In Loving Memory: 16.06.1952 - 11.12.2006
** i am NHR ISUZU.. call me NHR or ZU **

Fckes
  • Fckes
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

VERTICAL ? to the sky ah ?

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:49 PM

Mach
  • Mach
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My suggestion would be to get those small convex mirrors, stick them onto your side mirrors. Angle them downwards, you can see the road beside your car. These will help you see the white lines of the parking lot when you are reversing in, u can position yourself in the middle of the lot nicely.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:51 PM

Joanne76
  • Joanne76
    1st Gear
    Author Image

i just want to know where shld i position my car once i found a car lot. I think the prob lies in my positioning of my car.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:53 PM

Joanne76
  • Joanne76
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Is it those small, round mirror,which are used for checking blind spots?

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

Chemz
  • Chemz
    4th Gear
    Author Image

-position your car slanted to the lot so it's easier to reverse in.

-once in the lot, drive out straight to take a look at your positioning, then reverse back in appropriately so that both sides are equal. you might want to adjust your mirrors such that you can see the line markings on the ground.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:57 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Hi guys, i am some problems with my vertical parking, my car always tend to more on the left side of the car lot and sometimes in between of two lots. I always need to do adjustments to get it right. I really don't know why it always like that. I am so afraid of doing any parking now. Can anyone here give me the steps of doing vertical parking?I am driving a Mit Lancer. Thanks

there is no right and no wrong, just more practice

stop ur car at a 30-45 deg angle such that the rear of ur car is right in the middle of the bonnet of the car on the right of the empty lot, dun be afraid to go close to the right car when turning in, u are afraid thats why u keep too much to the left, buy small mirror to stick or wind down window poke ur head out and go slowly

practice make perfect

Posted 13 May 2007 - 09:58 PM

Ccssgm
  • Ccssgm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Aim at the Line....... idea.gif
做人要讲道德,做事要讲效率。
讲道德是为了对的起自己的良心,讲效率是为了对的起自己的生命。
无论那一方面都充分体现尊重二字。

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:00 PM

Bimmer12
  • Bimmer12
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

The number of points accumulated from users who Praise or Disliked your posts.

If u spot a parking lot on ur right, go near your right lot & keep ur car straight and once u reached it, turn ur steering to the left while still proceeding forward. After that you can use your mirrors or look back and reverse in. Opposite directions if u spot a lot on ur left. Does this help?

Edited by Bimmer12, 13 May 2007 - 10:02 PM.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:02 PM

Adawang
  • Premium member
    Adawang
    5th Gear
    Author Image

put poles beofre u park,
after parking keep poles in car boot kekekeke

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:03 PM

Karebu
  • Karebu
    5th Gear
    Author Image

imo don't do it the way driving schs teach you. you would probably end up reversing into the corners of the cars beside your lot.

personally i prefer to park in lots on my right (can estimate better somehow..)

my diagram is pretty self-explanatory; hope it helps.

Attached Thumbnails

• VP.JPG

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:05 PM

Joanne76
  • Joanne76
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I think my right side vertical parking is really very bad. At least when doing the left side vertical, i can use the 45 degree method and roughly use the traingle window as my guide to reverse, but right side lots, there is nothing at all. I will normally try the two car lots method for right side lots to reverse in and this method is really that not accurate. To me finding a parking lots and doing parking really a nightmare to me !!!! sweatdrop.gif

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Fitvip
  • Fitvip
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

i just want to know where shld i position my car once i found a car lot. I think the prob lies in my positioning of my car.

In that case, you have to drive your car slightly past the lot and then reverse in. If space allows, you can position your car at an angle with the back facing the lot before reversing.

Don't be shy to adjust. Even very seasoned drivers do it too!

Edited by Fitvip, 13 May 2007 - 10:08 PM.

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:07 PM

Furrynadz
  • Premium member
    Furrynadz
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

to comfort urself look around all the carparks
there are many kuku drivers out there who park middle of 2 lots, park over to other lot and so on, all end up in stomp/parking idiots

u not the only one

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:08 PM

Ccssgm
  • Ccssgm
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Still On L Plate.....laugh.giflaugh.gif
做人要讲道德,做事要讲效率。
讲道德是为了对的起自己的良心,讲效率是为了对的起自己的生命。
无论那一方面都充分体现尊重二字。

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:09 PM

Joanne76
  • Joanne76
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Thks for the diagram. I never tried 45 degree for right lots, so when shld i start to turn my car to 45 ? Upon reaching my desire lot?

Posted 13 May 2007 - 10:12 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Practice makes perfect.
i used to have lousy parking skills but after several years later i'm glad tat i'm more confident now. try winding down yr window while reversing into the lot or use a blind spot mirror to guide u. it may help

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users